Thread: WANTED: Water Pump

help WANTED: Water Pump

Having just pulled the cambelt off trying to find the rather worrying noise, I have found that the water pump is terminal. Can wobble the drive sprocket at least 5mm.

My local Honda dealer has told me that there is stock in Belgium but that they can't get it until late January. So if anyone knows how to get one quicker, I would be really grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Saharasole View Post
    Having just pulled the cambelt off trying to find the rather worrying noise, I have found that the water pump is terminal. Can wobble the drive sprocket at least 5mm.

My local Honda dealer has told me that there is stock in Belgium but that they can't get it until late January. So if anyone knows how to get one quicker, I would be really grateful.
    http://page22.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l95161843

It's used so you'de be taking a chance, but not a very big one. I doubt the seller would take the trouble of photoing and listing if it were junk.
    Last edited by steveinjapan; 19-11-2011 at 03:06 AM.

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

If there's stock in Belgium then that would be next day/ 48 hrs. So I presume a lead time till January then thats not true, it coming from Japan . I will check for you when I'm back in the office on Monday.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Thanks guys, not familiar with Japanese auctions (yet), so I will wait and see the stock check situation.

It's somewhat frustrating as the beat has only just been MOTd for the first time in my ownership after 3 years of being under the previous owners tarp. It all sounded fine and flushed well etc and suddenly a really horrible noise from the pump. Belts etc all fine but the pump wobbles about something shocking!!

if you've replaced everything else then i'd say wait.
    i was told a lead time of 2 months, arrived in 4 weeks.
    if you're really desperate i think i've still got mine that came off, was Ok just changed as belt etc was done.
    85k on it if you want to take the chance?

There does look to be 3 in Belguim, even thou they are shown as not yet available, so I presume thats why an ETA of 13/01/2012 is given if dealer does an ETX enquires, so you could get it before then, all being well.

Hope that helps
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Thanks Steve I will have a word with the dealer and see what happens.

Old'uns also thank you for your kind offer but I think I will wait and put a new one in just to be sure.

I had a fantastic phone call from Lings Honda yesterday who told me that my water pump had arrived in under two weeks. So day off work tomorrow and out with the spanners.

Many thanks for your help and hope to see some of you on the road soon.

Jon

That's great news, much better then late January

The beat is back running again and sounds better than ever.
    Water pump changed, new tensioner and timing belt. If any one is debating changing the timing belt and water pump, it was my first time and it took about 10 hours work from start to finish, including removing a few stubborn bolts on the exhaust shield. If can be done without removing the engine but it is very tight. You will need some ratchet spanners and a good range of socket extension bars.

Hi, Tim here- same situ as Sarah- "orrible noise from water pump!! Is yours still available? Need to get mobile for summer!! Many thanks, Tim.

still in shed