PDA

View Full Version : Back in the game!

mlind1
17-09-2004, 12:18 AM
Hi all,

Picked up my new Beat today!!! Totally regretted selling my old one. Its a bit shabby but with a bit of work it'll be up to scratch.

1 main question, My beat has 2 rear alloys and front steels (original owner ob v lazy!)

If I was to look for a complete set of alloys, what info would I need to give the shop keep? I'm crap at the technical stuff!

thanks in advance.

Mike

tinytim
17-09-2004, 01:05 AM
Welcome to the site, this is, without doubt, the place to come for answers, I'm sure there will be others to follow this.

The front are 13 inch rims 4.5 inches wide with a 35mm offset
The rear are 14 inch rims 5 inches wide with a 45mm offset

BUT

You are very unlikely to get any. You will be looking to get a more standard size, it is the offset that causes the problem the second problem is finding someone who is willing to sell 2 wheels (you have to do this twice aswell). I eventually gave up and modified the hubs to take a standard 15inch 6JJ rim front and rear.

I know other folks on the site have fitted alloys so I dare say there will be other options open to you, one will be to hang around until I can fit my alloys at which time I'll be selling a full set of original pepperpot alloys.

Where abouts are you?

Tim:)

JGGIB
17-09-2004, 07:52 AM
If you need wheels and live in essex ,go to Wolfrace wheels maldon and see one of the guys in the office ,they dont normally sell wheels to the public but He came up with 4 types ofwheels that fit and he priced them as £56 per wheel (that was going to the local tyre shop removing tyres and fitting to new wheels.