PDA

View Full Version : Radio connection lead

tinytim
12-09-2004, 08:51 PM
It looks like the connection for the radio is a standard Honda plug fitting but looking at other fitments it would appear the little Beat unit uses a couple of extra pins.

On all the Honda connectors I've seen there are a few redundant pin holders but the Beat seems to use all of them. I know the outside 4 on each end of the connector are for the speakers does anyone know what the other pins are for. A full pin map would be ideal.

Also, whilst I'm on the subject, does anyone have the pin map for the C-Bus lead (CD charger lead). I'm fitting one to a philips head, which being French, uses a non-standard 7 pin connection.

Soon to be comming:
1 Beat stereo for sale 120Watt
Pics of my new, full leather interior, complete with standard DIN stereo fitted in the top of the dash.:)

Steve_M
12-09-2004, 10:28 PM
This should help with the pins of the radio plug

Radio plug (http://www.honda-beat.co.uk/HA-Wiring.pdf)

P.s. Ive prob got an adapter from honda 16pin to Din type plug if thats any help.

tinytim
13-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the diagrams Steve, perfect (I'm sure the Beat stereo uses those 2 in the middle it says "Do Not Use" but there's certainly enough info there to connect to a standard head.

On the adaptor, how much? I've got some ISO plugs on the way which I was going to hard wire in but an adaptor may make things a bit easier.

Info for all, the CD charger cannot be controled by a phillips head. Something to do with the CD logic control. Fortunately the head I've got for the Beat is a Clarion, so it looks like I'll be back to looking for another Clarion head for the Landrover.:confused:

JGGIB
13-09-2004, 04:41 PM
I have a clarion cd controller etc if it will help.it came with my cd changer but not needed ,does your 120w radio all work buttons etc.
john

tinytim
13-09-2004, 05:56 PM
Hi John,

Yes everything works, some of the buttons are a bit stiff so I'll be giving it a clean prior to selling. I think it will need some spacers between some of the buttons and switches. The last time I used the cassette it played a bit slow aswell so that will get a once over. It will come with the band expander aswell.

Tim

Paul w
13-09-2004, 07:36 PM
back the screws on the switch pcb a little. If you've replaced the front, then remove the pads on the end of the switch rods, add them back in 1 by one on any that dont work after!

PW

JGGIB
14-09-2004, 02:25 PM
how much do you want for the radio?
john
send me pm with the price.