PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy

Jason
19-08-2004, 07:47 AM
Hey gang,

Does anyone know how to go about removing the dizzy and refitting it correctly?

Jason :)

Adam
19-08-2004, 10:56 AM
Well Honda has marked the dizzy with the dot which they use as a reference. Then you have the 3 markings on the flywheel. I think it’s a line, dot and a T.

Now, I would tell you how Honda does it but I'm sure I'll get something mixed up and then get corrected. So I'll leave the proper way to someone else.

This is the survivors guide to dizzies.

Take the spark plug out of cylinder one (count from timing belt) and throw a long screwdriver in there.

Take the rear passenger wheel off.

Start turning the crank until you see the screwdriver peaking and then going back down. The engine turns only one way- clockwise.

When peaked, line up the dizzy and throw it in.

Then with a timing light you can fine tune it.

Midship
19-08-2004, 10:55 PM
Prob just a typo adam but afaik when doing the timing etc the engine should be rotated by the crank anti-clockwise only

Jason
21-08-2004, 10:48 PM
Me again,

I have more questions. Apparently on the distributor there is a marking to line up the rotor relative to the body. How do I go about making sure this is correct. Also can I pull out the existing distrubutor when cylinder one has peeked? I'm convince that at some stage the distributor has been replaced but it hasn't been put in properly as it is impossible to do the timing because it falls outside the range.

Thanks

Jason