PDA

View Full Version : help required

JGGIB
08-07-2004, 05:47 PM
After having my nice shiney exhaust fitted ,the fitter said sounds like its running on 3 cylinders...lol
the truth is its 2 cylinders, I took it into a local garage, no crompresion on 1 cylinder he checked as far as possible without taking head off said could be head gasket /valve/or piston.or or.
Has any one got in any order ,air filter,head gasket,gasket set,any valves...do you no any one who would take this job on ,car still runs can drive to garage,its been sad day and its raining so cant polish it. :(

but might be able to help another beat owner ,i have just got clarion cd player sounds nice found 70 watt amp in the car sound good. with the player which i do not need are remote clarion cd changer fits on dash board small lcd screen with all the normall cd buttons.
FMC 250 unit manual says its a digital sound processor,but i have my doubts.
well its stopped raining so might sit in the car and play Smiths CD,s

adrianp
08-07-2004, 06:07 PM
Steve M in kent will probably be the best person for this job,

He's a Honda Technician for a dealership in kent and could probably re-build a Beat engine with his eyes closed.

He'll probably be on later so hopefully he will have some ideas for you.

Adrian.

Steve_M
08-07-2004, 07:17 PM
Valve problems seem to be quite common on Beat engines.

Parts wise

Air filter @ £22.17
Top end gasket set @ £125.45
Inlet valve @ £23.35 each
Exhaust valve @ £37.17 each

a head off job, you are really going to also want

Cambelt @ £32.97
Oil filter @ £11.41

Ive got a Beat engine out at the moment, and am awaiting parts from Japan, so I couldnt do it at the moment.

Id reccommend you dont drive it too much as it will damage the oxygen sensor/Cat with all that unburnt fuel. and also if it is a valve and it break it will destroy the pistons/bores

HTH

JGGIB
08-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Hi steve ,the car had work done in 2001 2 exhaust valves x 2 piston rings x 3 timing belt etc dont no how many miles since then, how hard are the parts to get? think i will take back to garage let him strip engine down find whats needed.

Steve_M
08-07-2004, 10:03 PM
You will prob find it was due to a cambelt failure that it was repaired before and only the worst of the bent valves were replaced and a slightly bent valve was over looked and this has slowly poorly seated and then burnt away.

At present parts supply is good, cambelts are being a bit of a pain taking 2 to 3 weeks to get, but it can change on a daily basis for other items if stocks of beat parts in europe are down and they have to come from Japan.

HTH