PDA

View Full Version : exhuast

JGGIB
27-06-2004, 04:00 PM
just bought a beat,but its blowing a bit does anyone now where i can get replacement,I see on some of the photos some have twin pipes coming out the back mine has single tailpipe, also small tear on driver seat its zebra print can you get seat cloth to match and get covered,any other sugestions welcome.
john:confused:

adrianp
27-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Hi John,

Firstly, welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will find us a friendly bunch...

I'm not sure wether Steve M can get genuine exhausts (I'm sure he'll reply soon) but there is always the option of buying one from Japan on the Yahoo auctions and having our man OZ ship it over to you... (See beat box section for details)

As for the seat, that's a common thing unfortunately, I'm sure someone had some material from the seats available a while back, maybe some of that would do for a repair for you.

Otherwise you could always get the seats either altered slightly so that they have patches put over the bad bit (And on the other seat to match...) or having them totally re-covered in a material of your choice.

Hope this helps

Adrian.

P.S.

I notice your from East Anglia, where abouts are you?? I'm in Ipswich if you fancy meeting up for a natter at some stage.

Steve_M
27-06-2004, 05:47 PM
A new Genuine Honda rear silencer costs £356.05 and there is stock available.

HTH

Steve_M
27-06-2004, 05:53 PM
Also new drivers side seat covers available

Back rest cover £155.35
seat base cover £162.75

would have to come from japan thou so could take a while

HTH

JGGIB
27-06-2004, 10:32 PM
Hi all thanks for the promt replys,I was told that I can get exhuast made for the car by powerflo? would this be ok for the car?,Adrian I come from clacton,I think your surname rings a bell do you by chance run and belong to Jaffa running club?

laserchains
27-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Yes powerflow can copy your existing exhaust if you want. I had one made jan 2001 cost including fitting £230,that was from the cat back hope this helps. Marcus

Paul w
28-06-2004, 04:25 PM
see here.... http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=414&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

I got this quad pipe legalis to the UK for around the same price as a genuine honda one UK sources.

PW

ps - welcome aboard!

ozsamurai
29-06-2004, 07:26 AM
Welcome to the mad house,

Like Adrian said I'm the dude in Japan if you need bits from here, you might want to check out my homepage as well for bits of trivia here and there on the Beat....nice to have you aboard, et ready for wind in the hair ride!!

Oz

adrianp
29-06-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by JGGIB
do you by chance run and belong to Jaffa running club?

Nope, not me.... Running is too energetic for me to even think about...:p

Your's isn't a Yellow one is it?? I know there was a Yellow one for sale down there a while back that I looked at for someone else

Wasn't a bad one but it did need tidying here and there...

We'll have to meet up at some stage, there's another one around the Maningtree area so we might be able to have a mini meet...

Adrian.

Jenny B
30-06-2004, 08:01 AM
Hi John,

Hope you have lots of fun with your Beat. I have been enjoying mine for a year now and just decided to spend some money making her look good - new roof, paint job etc. Perhaps I forgot to explain the plan cos she conked out on me yesterday!! Gone off to Honda Hospital to hopefully have the problem sorted along with a replacement cam belt and crank angle sensor!!

regards
Jenny B

P.S. Thought I must be one of the oldest Beat owners but you beat me by a year and a day!!