PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filler

Jason
05-04-2004, 10:08 AM
Hey Gang,

How do you go about removing the fuel filler? There seems to be an obstruction that makes it difficult to fill it with fuel.

Regards

Jason

Steve_M
05-04-2004, 06:31 PM
First remove the engine inspection cover.

Then remove the panel on the drivers side which has the seat belt attached to it.

That gains access to the fuel tank. its then a case of disconnecting pipe work and then the 3 nuts that are in the fuel filler opening.

HTH

Jason
06-04-2004, 08:47 AM
Thanks Steve,

I am a little confused still. After removing the engine inspection plate do I then remove the plate that the engine inspection plate bolts to? If this is the case, then how do I go about removing the bolts as they look unsual?

Regards

Jason

Steve_M
06-04-2004, 10:09 PM
thats it remove the panel that the engine cover bolts to, you need to use a 10mm multi hex socket (12 point) on these bolts if i recall.

Jason
07-04-2004, 09:19 AM
Thanks so much Steve. I'll head off to the tool shop tomorrow...

Jason
27-04-2004, 09:50 AM
Hey gang,

As Steve said, I needed a 12 point 10mm socket. Most sockets today are 12 point so there was no need to get anything special. I found I only needed to remove the right hand plate. It is not evident at first but they do seperate. The filler itself simply required a little persuasion from a hammer and punch. It is so much easier to fill now.

Thanks

Jason