PDA

View Full Version : Brake Discs

adrianp
30-03-2004, 10:06 PM
I meant to post this at the weekend... :rolleyes:

My beat is going in to have the rear brakes looked at tomorrow, due to a sticky caliper (Again... Must drive it more)

In the technical part of the site it mentions Lockheed BG2441 rear discs, does anyone know if this part number is still valid??

I'm thinking that whilst they have everything apart, if it needs them then I might as well get a pair.

Any ideas anyone??

Adrian.

Leachyboy
30-03-2004, 11:34 PM
Hi adrian

I was going to put new discs on the back of mine but have decide as theres plenty of meat left to have them skimmed at a local engineering shop. 12.50 a side ...no bad eh. They werent so keen to skim the edges and hub of the disc so I'll still have to get the Hammertite out. New Beat discs are 40 quid + each from Steve M

At least i know they will fit when I go to put them back on which doesnt always happen when buying non genuine car parts

cheers then Andrew

adrianp
21-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Finally got the rear brakes done today...

They had to order the lockheed discs but typically once they arrived we found out that the number I gave them is actually not for a beat because the discs were too small (There's ones smaller than the beat...:eek: )

Might want to edit the technical section Paul... ;)

They were able to return them though so I didn't have to pay for the wrong ones.

When they took them back, they took one of my discs with them and managed to match them with a civic (I think) rear one...

The part number is listed as VBD457 brake disc (EH166621) and were £27.98 + vat each.

Hope this helps anyone who needs them

Adrian.