PDA

View Full Version : Gears

Adam
09-02-2004, 12:06 PM
I got into my car this morning and I couldn't select reverse or 5th because the lever won't go to the right. Once it goes in it comes out nice and the rest of the gears are fine but you really got to force it to go in. Any ideas what it could be?

Steve_M
09-02-2004, 06:41 PM
it sounds like a problem with the selector fork or could be that the sycro has got a burr on its edge so causing it to catch, you may end up having to strip the gearbox to find out whats up.

HTH

Adam
10-02-2004, 02:37 PM
Thanks Steve,

I was silently hoping that wanst it. So I got to take the gearbox out again. When will it all end?

Adam
28-02-2004, 04:13 PM
I got into my car last week and the gears came back so I don't think I'll be taking it apart. Its pretty cold out there but a new problem is here.

The car is ideling at around 2000 when cold. Then when it gets worm and you stop it goes to 200 and stays there for a couple of seconds slowly climing back to around 1100.

Is it the alternator, cause I noticed the lights and radio dim sometimes if I'm opening windows etc.

Or ECU cappacitor dying.

I did the whole taking fuses out and messing with the idel screw. By the way whats the proper amount of turns the screw scould be?

Are the brushes available from Honda for the alternator?

Thanks for any ideas.

Steve_M
28-02-2004, 05:01 PM
it sounds as if you just need to set up the idle screw.

Prob best to clean the throttle butterfly with some carn cleaner first.

Warm engine up fully and all consumers off

with the idle valve (EACV) disconnected (2 pin plug on top of throttle housing)

set the idle speed to 850 +/- 50 rpm using the idle screw on the top of the throttle housing.

(best done using an additional tacho)

Turn engine off and clear engine codes (7.5 amp ECU fuse out of engine bay fuse box for 10 sec plus.

restart engine and idle should be 1200 +/- 50 rpm

check idle in underload situations e.g lights/fan on, A/c on. idle should come back to 1200 loaded

HTH

Ouija
03-03-2004, 12:35 AM
Hey folks

My horn hasnt been workin and no power seems to be going to it. All this talk about fuse boxes has just reminded me that i couldnt find the bleedin thing!

You may have guessed, mechanics aint my strong point!

Could someone please tell me whereabouts its hiding.

Cheers.

ozsamurai
03-03-2004, 01:20 AM
Ouija,

There are two fuse boxes, one just above the accelerator on the side firewall and one inside the boot in the right hand corner. The one you want for the horn is the first one under the dash.

Cheers

Oz

Adam
03-03-2004, 01:25 AM
Thanks Steve I'll do all that before rebuilding anything.

Oh and my horn doesnt work either. But I haven't got around to that yet. Its either the steering wheel or it just died. But most likely the connection in the steering wheel.

The fuse box is on the drivers side on the right, behind the bonnet latch. Look up

Ouija
03-03-2004, 04:44 AM
Cheers folks

Lets just hope that it is just the fuse!

Will keep you posted.

Ta

Steve_M
03-03-2004, 06:53 AM
The horn not working is more likely the horn itself, which is hidden behind the front bumper.

Both my beats needed new horns, a universal 2 wire horn will suffice using the original bracket and will need a couple of lucar connectors.

HTH