PDA

View Full Version : Which micro car?

ivenner
26-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Good Morning

I have been a fan of the Japanese micro cars for some time, but now am seriously considering one. However I have a question about them, and I hope that it will ne bee too loaded, even with this being the Beat boards.

Is there significant advantage to the Beat over the Cappuccino or AZ-1? I had heard that the Beat is a lot more fuel efficient than the other two.

I really need it as a commuter vehicle, so fuel economy is a consideration, however I am also quite broad shouldered and wide across my back, and would also like to know if anyone has had a problem fitting into them.

I admit I do like the beat's styling better than the other two, but think all 3 are good looking little cars.

Cheers

Ian

P.S. an eBay search threw this 1/92 scale model up:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3581343583&category=223

Robin
26-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Hello, great choice, all three little K cars are amazing.
Well being a beat owner and having a brother who is a cappucino owner i can give opinions on the two.
My beat was very fuel efficient and im 6 foot 1 and fit in the car just nicely. Handling on them is amazing so you wil enjoy the drive to work i promise you.
Cappucino - what a great car, its faster than the beat and has bigger wheels so handle better too however it really is tiny. smaller than the beat inside and you will struggle to fit. Its more expensive to fix and uses more petrol due to being turbo charged. It is also quite a bit higher on the insurance - one benefit, it was sold in this country not just imported like the beat so all suzuki dealers will fully support it unlike some honda dealers.
Hope this helps.
Cant comment on the AZ1 all i know is Drool drool i want one.

ivenner
26-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the pointers Robin. I am goingto try and get to sit in a Beat I think to check it fits me. Its going to be a culture shock though I know, as I currently drive a V8 Long Wheel Base Landrover, which is over 6.5 feet at the roof. The beat would probably fit in the back!

If you like the Mazda this may interest you:

http://uk.geocities.com/japanusedcarsale/ucar/azone.htm

Fahd
27-01-2004, 01:47 AM
Where are you based Ian? If you're local to Manchester I dont mind you having a spin in mine. :suicide:

Fahd