PDA

View Full Version : EBC brakepads - Competition

Paul w
11-12-2003, 02:10 PM
I was recently approached by a british company called EBC that manufactures high performance brake pads, asking if I wanted to try a set for free, providing that I review them on the site.

Unfortunately, when they looked for the pads we use, they only had them in their normal composition, and not in the high bite or low wear compounds.

They have sent me a set anyway (part numbers DP529 and DP642/2 front and rear respectively)

I'd really like to test them myself, but i doubt i'll get the chance. I'd like someone to test them, back to back with 'normal' ones, preferably at a track day and report back

To win the chance to try them (and keep them!) simply complete the following

'I would like to try the EBC pads because..........'

In 1,000 words or less!

Oh and steveM .... the DP642/2s are suitable for the Elise.......

PW

Steve_M
11-12-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Paul w
Oh and steveM .... the DP642/2s are suitable for the Elise.......

PW

I dont know how they work that out, cos neither front nor rear pads on the Elise are anything like any Honda brake pads :rolleyes:

and to be honest i was never impressed with EBC brakes, had front Turbo groove discs/pads on my CRX, they warped in 3000 miles and the pads fell apart :confused:

Paul w
11-12-2003, 07:13 PM
Well, i'm only going on what written on the side of the box!

it says

Honda civic, CRX, Concerto, prelude (83-92)
Lotus elise
Rover 200, 400

PW

(by the way, you didnt win....lol)

Steve_M
11-12-2003, 10:08 PM
Well they must have got their descriptions muddled up some where, certainly all the other cars on the list they would fit.

Paul w
11-12-2003, 10:22 PM
ah, just jam them in steve, its not like you'll be traveling that fast anyway!

;)

PW

(i'll mention it to EBC when i speak to them)

tinytim
17-12-2003, 01:47 AM
because,,,,,I live in the Welsh countryside with some of the most twisty turny, uppy downy roads in the country. I also run a workshop and have access to my own DpT approved rolling road brake tester.
OK truth be known, I'm spending a small fortune on getting a 700cc Beat engine so anything free is a bonus.

Seriously though Paul if these offer a cost effective option to Beat owners I'll give them a whirl and can offer test results as well as an opinion. From Steves warning I will also monitor the condition of my discs.

Paul w
18-12-2003, 07:44 PM
Well, looks like you 'da man!

Could you do a comparison for us then?

(and do you mind paying postage, mind you i'm momentarilly in newport, wales on tues!)

PW

tinytim
18-12-2003, 08:16 PM
I'd love to. probably best to hold on posting until after Christmas (I'm in the middle of a house move aswell).

While your in Newport I'll be in Poole, that must be Murphies law.

I'll give you a shout in Jan as I may well come up and collect, I have a visit to West Brom anyway but if that falls through I'll cover the postage

Tim