PDA

View Full Version : Feels powerup kit

tinytim
20-11-2003, 12:37 AM
Does anyone know about this powerup kit. I am assuming the computer delimits the engine, any opinions or comments?
http://www.hondatwincam.co.jp/e/catalog/beat/engine.html

ozsamurai
20-11-2003, 08:37 AM
for 121900 yen + labour I could buy a whole Beat here! seriously, the Feels, actually Honda Twin Cam is a nice mod, and everyone seems to like the bits except for the price, most of their stuff is on the high end of the price scale, but the reputation is good. The only ones I know who have actual Twin Cam engine mods are usually the same owners with no passengers seats, ie racers... and then there's the wanna be's with the twin cam aero parts and a standard engine... If you've got the cash I reccommends them... I don't have the cash but if I did I would buy alot of their stuff... I think their slotted brake discs, stainless manifold pipe and their sleek hard top are very cool...

Oz

Midship
20-11-2003, 01:36 PM
I would buy one tomorrow if I had the money, it’s been on my wish list for quite sometime..... The beat sounds great as is but imagine what the kit would do to it! i would rather go N/A and put the high compression kit on rather than put on a LP turbo

tinytim
20-11-2003, 05:49 PM
Cheers OZ Adam,
What performance does the kit give in terms of top end and acceleration. I'm not overly bothered about the speed but the Beat is a bit sluggist off the lights as it is. (10000rpm in 5th should be around 200kph 125mph which I can't see happening) I'm contemplating fitting a bike engine, but it's looking like a complete re work at the rear end, which I don't really want to get into (+ a gearbox @ muchos ££££s)

I want to do the work myself so the labour isn't an issue but when pricing the items offered in the kit individually the price doubles, is this right I'd be looking at the shaft and pully, pistons, springs and the ecu any chance you would be able to check the price on that Oz. Also did you meet the guy with the lights (body rebuild to follow engine)

Midship
21-11-2003, 11:54 AM
I would think that all power gained by the kit would all be top end, I would defo go for the kit over a bike engine- it would be a lot less work and prob be more reliable.

In my opinion if your thinking of modding a beat-this is the best way to go, feels make excellent parts and if I had the money it would be the only thing id consider.

Adam
21-11-2003, 12:34 PM
I think the 700cc kit is the only way to go and at the end if your still not happy try and make the car lighter. Cause the motorbike engine idea is great but not easy to implement and I couldn't even begin to think how the gearbox would work.