PDA

View Full Version : American opinion

Adam
13-11-2003, 04:06 PM
Here is a forum I found about the beat. Its what Americans think of the car. It made me preety angry. Most of them still think the car is a concept car.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/folder/review/default.asp?car_id=474&categoryID=1419&autoShowID=&vehicleTypeID=0

adrianp
13-11-2003, 07:21 PM
I've just replied with my comments...

I know the forum there is a bit old but I thought I might as well give our side to it...

I'm not sure where they get their specs from though??? Have a look at the 1988 Honda Today...

547cc
3 Cylinder
36 Valve (12 Per Cylinder)

Now that sounds like an impresive bit of engineering...:p

Adrian.

Adam
13-11-2003, 10:55 PM
That’s amazing!

If you look up any K class car like: Cappuccino, Figaro, Az-1 forum it’s a similar thing. The only one they love is a Copen!

There is a guy that has a Cap and is convinced that it has a turbo charged motorbike engine. I have never seen a motorbike engine that size. That whole site is full of shit!

I spent 3 months in the States and people were amazed that we can change gears and that we drive cars below 2L. You can understand it thou they do live in a bubble.

ozsamurai
13-11-2003, 11:23 PM
I have a guy from HAM (Honda of America) here at the moment with me, they had a Beat in their test car stock for several years and he says they all loved it.....They were realistic about the possibility of allowing it on the road due to safety standards and decided against it as a regular import car but not by much. There are to date three personally imported Beats in the US, one (the one HAM had) went to France only a few years ago as one of the associates who drove it in the states loved it so much he had to have it! I think petrol heads just like to bag anything that doesn't have a V8 in it. SO far when showing my Beat to Canadian & American associates, they all love it and wonder why they couldn't get them in their own countries. I had one Canadian guyt doing donuts in the parking lot he loved it so much, so I think its just a case of uninformed petrol heads.

Oz

Midship
14-11-2003, 07:41 PM
i read the post, un-informed pertrol heads is all they are, i was going to put a reply but oz`s post sums things up well. idiots!

Jason
14-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Is this the guy you are talking about Oz?

American Guy (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~alita/beat/Automobile.htm)