PDA

View Full Version : Shocks

Adam
22-10-2003, 04:03 PM
Due to new regulations that came in last month my car won't pass the test if there is a shock imbalance. Does any one know do any other shocks fit in the front?

Another thing. Did anyone get the resenin injection done on the windscreen? I am not sure how good it is. Cause I got a chip and it will fail for that too. Does it leave a noticable mark?

Thanks

adrianp
22-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Hi Adam,

I had one of my windscreens repaired using the resin stuff and they did a great job on it... I knew where it should be and most of the time struggled to point it out.

If you have fully comp insurance then it shouldn't cost you anything to have done either as since it's a repair they normally waiver the windscreen excess.

Hope this helps

Adrian.

Adam
22-10-2003, 08:10 PM
Thanks Adrian,

I will go and get that done so, I just hope I don't get a cowboy.

Adam
24-10-2003, 12:43 AM
Any ideas on the shocks, anyone?

michael
26-10-2003, 10:12 AM
I get spezial prices at koni damper but I have to know the part number

Adam
26-10-2003, 01:44 PM
See new Honda shocks will cost me over 300 euro. So I'm looking for a cheaper option.

The numbers are:

51601-551-023 right
51602-551-023 left

Thanks

michael
26-10-2003, 03:53 PM
I saw some pictures of race-car BEATs with KONI stickers so I thought KONI damper for the BEAT are existing. In Europe are the BEATs not listed, so we need the KONI serial number to order.

Adam
26-10-2003, 11:06 PM
Thanks Micheal,

Maybe Oz could help and ask around. I'm sure some one in his club has aftermarket shocks.

ozsamurai
27-10-2003, 11:15 PM
Shock inbalance.... you mean on the compressors or the springs, this week I am getting these babies fitted.. they are 3cm shorter which should give up to 10cm chassis drop... (no more high speed road bump jumping for me). If you're talking the whole shock unit, there are sets made by the following makers off the top of my head for the Beat here in Japan, in the UK, have no idea sorry!

Mugen
FGK
Kayaba
Showa

There is a set of four genuine on the Yahoo! auctions at the moment for 8000 yen, and they come up fairly frequently, unfortunately I have 1 odd shock (FGK) on my wrecker so I can't give you a complete set.... So the question is are the compressors or the springs to fault....

BTW the set of four pictured here are 9800

Adam
28-10-2003, 12:19 AM
Oh I'm sure its the compressors. Becase they test the reaction of the shock (if I can say it this way). If the two were bad then that would be fine, but one is better then the other.

8000yen is cheap but they are really heavy to post.

If you can think of any others let me know, cause I am determined to get a set. Not of Honda thou!

Thanks

ozsamurai
28-10-2003, 12:58 AM
Backyard Special: 50mm down sus 228,000
CAT WALK: 128,000 (Halfway)
MUGEN: 20mm down sus 102,000
Palms: 198,000

Second hand I haven't seen many on the boards, they will come up on Yahoo every now & then..but the bidding is fierce.... The prices above are all sets of four....makes 8,000 + postage sound a little more attractive?

Cheers

Oz

Adam
28-10-2003, 01:12 AM
Wow they are a expansive. Postage is around 8,000 right for 4?
Am I getting this right?

ozsamurai
28-10-2003, 01:27 AM
Not quite, I wouldn't have any idea on the postage, how much do they weigh anyway? The 8000 is the current bid price on yahoo buy for 13,000, 1 day to go they are RSR down sus 1580 domestic postage to me + fees of 2000 that's 16580 then....you add international shipping.... even if you add another 10,000 for shipping, compared to the above prices you win...

Cheers
Oz

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g8784335
The auction page

Adam
28-10-2003, 01:34 AM
Can't complain about that. How does the money transfer to you work. I need to make a phone call but in about nine hours. Because its 1.33am here.

ozsamurai
28-10-2003, 01:42 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/ms3/ozsamurai/Beatordering.htm

Here are the details for payment through Pay Pal just send the 16580 for the moment, when I finaliize the postage do that transfer again, so I don't overcharge you for anything,, does that sound fair.......

When the money arrives I get notified, will buy at 13,000 for you, unless you want me to jump on them now!

Oz

Adam
28-10-2003, 01:45 AM
Sounds great Oz. Check the board later today. In about nine hours I'll try to get a transfer to you. I really appreciate this OZ.

P.S. For now do nothing

Thanks

Adam
28-10-2003, 10:28 AM
I found someone with a pay pal account. So we're all good to go. It should be transfered to you in the next couple of hours.

ozsamurai
30-10-2003, 10:13 AM
Adam the shock arrived today, they look brand new, the not so good news is the weight, I wondered how much a set would weigh, now I know 23kg....That is 33,100 by EMS or 18500 by the ship..let's know what to do....

Oz

Adam
30-10-2003, 12:04 PM
Hey Oz,

18500 sounds perfect, I know that they weight a lot. Can you hold on and I might get a couple more things.

Thanks

Midship
30-10-2003, 08:28 PM
HI Oz,

I was wondering if you still have these bits from your wrecker?

The little hook which screws into the clamp that holds the roof Down?

The Oil cap which goes under the boot? :suicide:

The swich that turns the interior light on and off?

A Coin Tray?

I thought id ask since theres an order coming to dublin!

Thanks

ozsamurai
30-10-2003, 11:26 PM
The little hook which screws into the clamp that holds the roof Down?

The hood latches??? I think Adam has already spoken for them, best talk to him about it

The Oil cap which goes under the boot?

OK. 1000 yen, will go in with Adams shocks

The swich that turns the interior light on and off?

Door switch? L shaped thing? yes 500 yen

A Coin Tray?

from the center console? where the ashtray should go, yes although it is part of the whole console I feel not sold seprately it had to be cut-out to install the ashtray, it, including a genuine shift boot is going for 4,000 (whole console)

Hope this answers your questions.

Adam said you would be going in for an Ireland box so if there is anything else lets know

Cheers OZ

Midship
31-10-2003, 12:47 AM
Thanks Oz

Ill take the oil cap and door switch, I think ill leave the centre consol. I think that’s all I need. Ill send the one lump sum via paypal for bits and total shipping for me and Adam.

I had a look at yahoo Japan and I seen some nice bumpers, I was wondering is it possible to send an item like that or would it be overly expensive?

Just out of interest OZ, ive seen a few beats on yahoo for around 130,000 Yen. Is it possible to pick up a 91 in fair condition for that price? It seems very cheap! I was looking into importing a friend for my beat (maybe a cappuccino) do you know what the market price of a poor condition 1992 one would be?

Thanks for all you help! I really do appreciate it.

ozsamurai
31-10-2003, 05:08 AM
OK understand the parts order....

Postage is limited to size under 3 cubic meters and 30kg only, so depends on what they weigh...

I know cost is the big issue for an import but to give it to you straight...your gonna spend more moeny and time fixing it than driving it at that price. SoYouTech put together a quote for Robin while he was Beatless. They can put together a top quality Beat including engine maintenance/body work under 40,000 KM on it not miles for 560,000 at the outside. Then you could convert it to your hearts content while here being much cheaper (postage etc)then take care of your own shipping so its as cheap as you want... Any day of the week I could find you a cheap Beat that's no problem but I can't guarantee it and neither will SYT. Its your call, spend the money over here or pay for the parts to be sent over there. I think the shipping was about 1200US off the top of my head from the UK, but I'm sure you might find cheaper, I was just browsing through a few.. Lets know if you want me to find one for ya...

Oz

john m
31-10-2003, 09:16 AM
Oz,
Have you a drivers side electric window switch? If so could it be sent to Ireland too?

Adam,
Could this be included in your box (if available)? If so can you mail me on jwmurph@vodafone.ie?

John

ozsamurai
01-11-2003, 03:03 PM
drivers side electric window switch??? The window switch that is in the center console? Is that what you want? Yes I have a few of those, and a complete drivers door as well, with actuator etc.. The center switch ould be 1500...let me know if you want it..

Cheers

Oz

Adam
02-11-2003, 02:58 AM
Yeh thats no problem John M. I sent you an E-Mail.

Oz! I am going to wait till the end of the week. If I see something or can come up with something I'll let you know. Otherwise we can go ahead with the shipping. Don't forget to put JohnD's and JohnM's bits in.

Thanks a lot, I cant wait :D

Adam
14-11-2003, 02:13 AM
Micheal,

I found a picture of KONI shocks. I got mine off Yahoo via OZ, they are in the post as we speak but here it is anyway. Someone, somewere might need it! These are €1000. Some price huh?

michael
17-11-2003, 12:06 PM
thanks adam
1000€ is a lot.
The KONIs are produced in Europe I think. If we know the KONI serialnumber we can get them cheaper. I´ll try to find it.
michael

Adam
06-01-2004, 07:03 PM
Box arrived today, just on time for the test. Everything looks like new.

Thanks so much Oz, I had put the shocks on and drove around for the day.

I'll e-mail you this week. Thanks again!

Midship
08-01-2004, 07:31 PM
I got my bits too, thanks oz i appreciate it!

Paul w
03-02-2004, 12:06 PM
Did we ever get a serial number for these koni's?

PW

Adam
04-02-2004, 02:16 AM
Hi Paul,

I did look but this is the only sign I found that they even exist. I looked through many pages and came up with nothing. But I did find out that a set of any new aftermarket shocks will cost you about 2000 euro. You could always write an e-mail to them and atach that picture.

ozsamurai
06-02-2004, 12:45 AM
RHDiablo@aol.com ===== Dick?

tried to reply to your mail, address unknown.....

Springs for mine are 9800 + tax and fees etc, turn out to be about 15,000 all up, they are a fraction lighter than originals, quite easy to fit and I am happy with them so far, although running them with ultra low profile tyres its hard to tell the difference in the steering...if I had standards I think it would be a different story though.

Cheers

Oz

ozsamurai
06-02-2004, 07:09 AM
Paul W,

This set of Tokio is up for grabs,

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/64627784

1 day left at 26500 so far....

Adjustable 5 levels, one has some damage but still ajusts, 3% system fees apply, mileage unknown but says they work fine....

Cheers

Oz