PDA

View Full Version : The 'Bond' Beat

ozsamurai
06-10-2003, 10:08 AM
Well, the reason I have been off the board for a while is this!
The first photo's of the Beat Revolutionary interior? More to come....uhaahhhh.....seriously I need help!
:D

ozsamurai
06-10-2003, 11:32 AM
sorry for the big pic, the doors have changed again sionce this shot

ozsamurai
06-10-2003, 11:39 AM
Bird's eye view

Adam
06-10-2003, 12:16 PM
Hey Oz,

That looks excellent. Its paint, right? Well I'm shocked by how good it looks.

Goodluck

adrianp
06-10-2003, 12:32 PM
One word....

WOW

Looks excelent Oz,

Can't wait to see it finished

Adrian.

ozsamurai
06-10-2003, 01:43 PM
And by night, the cruise machine

ozsamurai
06-10-2003, 01:44 PM
babe magnet???

ozsamurai
06-10-2003, 01:51 PM
Thanks all for the comments, I like it! It isn't all done with paint actually there its a combination of leathrette and paintwork. The main dash is paint inserts leather, door upper leatherette lower paint and so on, took alot of patience to do, now alls I have to do is keep it clean, There will be a photo shoot on the homepage later on....now, here's the question should I get the seats done (covered) in black and cream?? like Adrians opinions everyone!

Midship
06-10-2003, 02:10 PM
Looking good OZ! top job!!

adrianp
06-10-2003, 07:59 PM
Hi Oz,

It looks excelent at night... I do like the light from under the passenger seat, I might pinch that idea myself...

As for the seats, Black & Cream would look grest with the rest of the car but it will be a nightmare to keep clean... Maybe Black with Cream Piping???

Still can't wait to see it finished,

And I'm slowly working on a few ideas for mine at the moment ready for next years show season... Hopefully I'll be able to match your standards.;)

Adrian.

ozsamurai
07-10-2003, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the advise Adrian, I was going to get the center sections both lower and upper done in black, the cream around the outides, leave the back in the original greay vinyl, since I'm still confused about it I'll let it go for a while, do the new soft top, down suspension, speaker system and runner boards first. I chose a black light for under the seat, not too bright but looks good reflected against the ligther color. With the grey it doesn't show much so maybe a different color light, but pinch away!

So here it is hot off the press taken only minutes ago----

The Finished (although knowing me I doubt it) Bond Beat Interior!

Adam
07-10-2003, 12:06 AM
Hey Oz,

The seat thing! You can't have them all cream, cause you will never be able to keep them clean. You'll spend more time cleaning then driving.

Have fun,

Q. What kind of paint did you use?

ozsamurai
07-10-2003, 02:22 AM
Adam,

To prep the panels I used brake cleaner fluid and a nail brush to remove all surface grease, polish etc. Then I primed them with clear plastic@primer from the Asahi Paint Co. 3M also makes one and funly enough its called PP1. The top coat: First two coats were spatter coating, rub down with 2000 wet&dry, then two finish coats.......non gloss. In the 'heavy traffic areas' I put a couple of clear coats to protect them from kicks as I get in and out of the car, although I have a great idea for the side steps that I'm dying to try out! give them more protection and a dress up at the same time. The air inlets were done with Tamiya model paint (spray can) as that has a more elastic quality so it will take some movement of the vent direction knob thingy, they were the biggest pain to paint actually. The cloth I got from my local haberdashery store, rubberised leatherette. This will all be on a blow by blow page as I took photo's along the way.

Cheers

Oz

Paul w
07-10-2003, 04:07 AM
Very nice Oz!
What are the objects on the back of the sun visors?

How much are the dial insets? (and can you stick some in my box?)

One thing worries me.....

from your website .....

In our spare time we rescue abandoned kittens and find homes for them, in the last 4 years we have managed to re-locate 25 kittens, which we are very proud of

They weren't all white kittens were they? You sure thats leatherette???

;)

ozsamurai
07-10-2003, 06:33 AM
Laughed my arse off!, the guy at the next desk thought I was on crack or something!, I think it would be a fraction fluffier and I'd have to re-do it every year after it shed its summer coat!

The white dials? you mean the speedo dials, to be honest I haven't seen any other colors..except for those really expensive ones ....where did I put that damn addess....... find it later

Best to buy a new meter, busted one what color are your dials BTW?

Cheers

Oz

ozsamurai
07-10-2003, 06:36 AM
Oh! and the things on the back of the visors are make-up mirrors, I haven't got around to building them in to the visors yet, got to keep the wife happy, and good for shaving on the way to work as well. Plan to rebuild the visors over those cold winter days....maybe furr?

ozsamurai
07-10-2003, 07:33 AM
http://www.hyperaxel.com/hondatwincam/HIGHLIGHTS/BEAT/electricalparts02.html

This is the URL for the colored meters, but they're like $1000 each

If you mean the chrome dial rings, I bought those at this years B-Hearty from the back of a guys Beat...... have to wait till next year to see if he's there, you aren't allowed to sell stuff at the meet, so I had to keep it on the QT.

jcs
07-10-2003, 05:31 PM
The namesh Beat, Jamesh Beat!

Ve-r-r-y smooth Oz. I'd have to wear slippers to avoid scuffing with my size 11s!

Is that a Type "R" shift knob I see poking out of that pristine white console?

Paul w
07-10-2003, 07:35 PM
Yeah, i meant the dial rings. I'm looking at going black and chrome for my interior eventually, and they look quite nice

Was that a coded order from JCS for some fluffy white slippers??

PW

adrianp
07-10-2003, 07:53 PM
Aaahhhhhh :explode:

With Oz doing Black & Cream and you doing Black & Chrome I think I had better get my Blue & Yellow thinking cap back on...:p

I have a few surprises in store for next show season (once everything comes together) but I think I had better start coming up with some others in reserve just in case what I have planed isn't enough... ;)

A few people know some of what is planed but other bits are still top secret at the moment.

I know I have probably just opened myself up for a load of questions but until I get the basic items put together I'm not saying very much.

Adrian.

ozsamurai
08-10-2003, 12:15 AM
JCS- Thanks I'll keep the white slippers in the back of the mind....the shift is a Civic Euro R titanium shift knob, one of my Ninjas 'borrowed' it for me......1,2,3,4,5,6......well, he never was a clever Ninja anyway!

PAUL- There are some stainless rings on Yahoo I'm sure you've all seen, I like my sparkly ones better though, its a set of 4, three for the meter and one that goes around the hazard switch.

ADRIAN- Hmmmmmm...a pi$$ing contest! coool, look forward to seeing some hot Beats coming up in the posts, now that I've thrown down the glove huh? LOL

BTW, you are all going to hate me for this one, but I have to share my unbelievable good fortune. Yesterday on my clubs board a guy wrote in and said 'anyone want a FGK Legalis for free?' I just about split my pants, NAH, really, yep, its a bit of a junker he says but no holes and quad pipe, so while I'm on the phone to him he says oh and do you want some side steps as well I was just gonna chuck 'em, I go and pick it up on Sat, I'm in Beat Heaven. New Interior, quad pipe, side steps, rear spoiler new soft top and just about to drop the suspension 10cm......

Cheers

Oz

adrianp
08-10-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by ozsamurai
ADRIAN- Hmmmmmm...a pi$$ing contest! coool, look forward to seeing some hot Beats coming up in the posts, now that I've thrown down the glove huh? LOL

Now I wouldn't call it a competition Oz but I've got a few ideas in mind... The only thing is that with you supplying the bits you sort of know what's planned for some of it...

(Solution... You've got to do my ordering with your eyes closed from now on so you don't see what I'm up to... :p )

BTW, you are all going to hate me for this one, but I have to share my unbelievable good fortune. Yesterday on my clubs board a guy wrote in and said 'anyone want a FGK Legalis for free?' I just about split my pants, NAH, really, yep, its a bit of a junker he says but no holes and quad pipe, so while I'm on the phone to him he says oh and do you want some side steps as well I was just gonna chuck 'em, I go and pick it up on Sat, I'm in Beat Heaven. New Interior, quad pipe, side steps, rear spoiler new soft top and just about to drop the suspension 10cm......

Now that's what I call having some luck... unfortunately I doubt if anything like that would happen over here, there's not enough stuff over here to let it happen...:rolleyes:

Oh well, never mind.

Let the competition begin... ;)

Adrian.

Tamsin Nunley
10-10-2003, 01:22 AM
Oz, that looks super! :)

ozsamurai
15-10-2003, 10:59 AM
This is the new page for your entire viewing pleasure (cough!)
Here (http://www.angelfire.com/ms3/ozsamurai/2003edesign.htm)

The extrior reform page is on the way too, just have to wait for it to stop raining to get some decent pics...

Cheers

Oz

Adam
15-10-2003, 02:06 PM
Hey Oz,

I just read that you are going to have leatherette upolstry.

It looks great, it feels great but sit on it for an hour and you'll have a fauntain down your back. I had it in a CRX it doesn't let you breed very well. Its the only reason I didn't have it done in the beat.

ozsamurai
16-10-2003, 12:12 AM
Thanks for that Adam, I am really procrastinating on this and being a pain in the butt I know, but eventually I wanna take the Beat back home (Aussie) and I can just imagine the very situation you describe....maybe some nice cream & black cloth, that would be nice and fun to keep clean..... I think I'll work around it for the moment until my minds set. Looks Vs functionality is there a good compromise?

Cheers

Oz

ozsamurai
18-10-2003, 03:06 PM
The pages for the exterior and the completed interior are up! So if you feel inclined to take a gander! please feel free....

Access the main page and its in the This Month's list