PDA

View Full Version : sports seats in a beat

mlind1
17-09-2003, 11:05 AM
just a thought but has anyone ever tryed changing the seats in a beat. Would off the shelf sports seat (i.e. cobra recaro etc) fit in a beat. I know alot of people like the zebra thing and to be honest I think it looks quite cool but its just a thought.

Robin
17-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Looking at some of the Jap sites people seem to change just the drivers side. not sure if there is a reason for it but i have seen loads where the Driver has a big red recaro and the passenger is left with the little zebra seat.

Any reason for just changing one seat i wonder?

adrianp
17-09-2003, 12:34 PM
They probably only change the one due to the fact that the drivers side space is wider than the passenger one...

It's only an inch or so but when you are trying to make something fit, then every little bit of width matters...

Hope this helps

Adrian.

mlind1
17-09-2003, 04:37 PM
Wouldn't it look stupid having one sports seat and one zebra? Where have you seen the pics of this?

ozsamurai
18-09-2003, 09:46 AM
The reason for changing one seat only over here is not purely space, shoulder room of 630mm is required for the drivers side and a fraction less (600mm? don't quote me on that one!) for the passengers, buying a matching set is difficult. Common transplants are RECARO of course because they have the seat belt hole on some of their models and are readily available at a reasonable? cost. Sparco make a cheaper replacement and also I have seen alot using the seats from the Mazda AZ-1. Another reason the drivers side only is replaced is that it tends to wear on the corner faster than the passengers, & it is also legal to remove the passengers seat over here completely, so alot do that for racing, gymkhana etc. and they only need the one 'cool' racing seat for that. Hope this helps, if you want makes and model numbers, they will be coming up in the future on my site.

Cheers

Oz

mlind1
18-09-2003, 06:32 PM
do you reckon you could actually get 2 seats in at all?