PDA

View Full Version : Help & advice needed please

tiess
17-09-2003, 09:54 AM
Hello Guys,

This is my first time of posting and I need your help.

I am currently touring in Europe with my Beat. Everything was going really well until I lost my only ignition key. Swiss Honda dealers say that they are unable to change the locks because they have no ignitions for RH drive cars (I'm none the wiser about this one) & the dealer in Guernsey (my home port) won't help because although he was the original importer I bought my Beat privately and not from him.

Does anybody know how I can trace the key number using the chassis no. Or does anybody have any advice for a stranded Beat owner in Switzerland.

Thanks
Tiess

:bounce:

Steve_M
17-09-2003, 07:15 PM
The only place you would probably find the key number is on the key it self, that the number just below the plastic bit.

Other wise a beat is certainly easy enough to get into, and its prob just a case of removing the 2 bolts (shear bolts, need knocking round with a centre punch) and removing the complete lock barrell then remove the ignition switch off the back of that and turn the ignition on with a screw driver.

Options then are a new steering lock with seperate key and a drivers door lock or a complete lock set.

i can supply you part numbers if required

HTH

tiess
18-09-2003, 09:33 AM
Steve,

Thanks for that. I think I'll go for the complete lock set. Would you please email me at tiess@hotmail.com with your contact details and I'll give you a call.

Thanks
Tiess