PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder Trouble

dirtdigby
12-09-2003, 08:18 PM
Please help! I think I am not running on all of my Cyliders. How do I find out? And what am I to do if this is the case. Could ti be something as simple as a spark plug?

Am I making the problem worse by keep driving it?

My engine has been rebuilt two times both top end and bottom end. I broke the Cam belt once and then I dropped compression the second time (I think)

Regards

John London

Midship
12-09-2003, 08:48 PM
Hi,

Are all three cylinders geting a spark? With the engine running pop off no1 ht lead and hold it near the rocker cover, (be carefull not to touch anything metal) if you see a spark replace the lead and try the other two. If your engine is only running on two cylinders e.g 1 and 3 when you take off no 2 lead it shouldnt make much of a difference to the way the engine is running. but when you take off 1 or 3 the engine should cut out. if you do this then you can at least narrow it down to the problem cylinder and u`ll see which are getting a spark.

It could be a lot of things..spark plug.. a ht lead.. a dodgy dizzy cap and/or rota arm, its hard to say. the same thing happened mine tho and a hole in a valve caused it! hopefully its only a sparkplug!

HTH