PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen wanted

ross
03-10-2018, 11:16 PM
Does anyone know where to buy a new one?

Regards
Thomas Rosell

mikei
04-10-2018, 10:02 PM
last year a honda dealer (browns)was on here asking the same question in the end they bought a used one from jesse streeter and Ģ700 later they had a box full of shatterd glass

Hans
05-10-2018, 12:47 PM
Hi Thomas,

this could be worth to try

https://parts.japanesevehicles.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=1616132

I was searching a windscreen early this year and finally found one in nothern Germany. But they donīt have any more now.

Good luck and best regards, Hans

stu g
16-10-2018, 09:39 PM
I had this same problem last year, and Honda have run out of them. I ordered up a pattern one and had it sent to my relatives in Japan, who then got it picked up by a firm who properly boxed it up, and then it was airfreighted across. The biggest cost in this is the airfreight. If you have time then seafreight is far cheaper. Not easy to piece this all together. Before you ask I don't want to be importing them, because any importer in to the EU is liable for it complying with safety standards.

2311Jethro
10-01-2019, 03:57 PM
If you are in the UK a 'local' Pilkingtons auto glass dealer should be arrange for your existing screen, even if broken, to be scanned, then get a new one made. I've been unofficially quoted 'under Ģ300'. I'm going to have to get one sooner or later.