PDA

View Full Version : How do you remove the ignition cylinder?

4Aaron GE
09-07-2016, 02:52 PM
So the new car's d/s lock is kind of crunchy, and I've grown quite attached to the key I had cut for the old car. I've been looking at the service manual, and I haven't been able to find instructions on how to take it out. Any advice, guys? Thanks!

mikei
09-07-2016, 10:53 PM
hi aaron havent removed a beat ignition lock yet but most cars if you remove the cowling around steering wheel then take off ignition switch at back turn key to position 3 and there should be a pin you push in (allen keys work well ) and barrell should slide out
as for the doors i think gavin has an addiction to painting the handles black so he should be able to give you an indepth method of removing handles/door locks :rolleyes:that is unless hes still doing 14 hour shifts at work
i will have a look at my donor car / shell tommorrow and update if any different but it will be around same time

4Aaron GE
10-07-2016, 03:04 AM
Cool. Thanks, Mikei. Got most of the interior on the the old car apart already, including the cowling (getting pretty good at that now); I'll give that a try!

4Aaron GE
10-07-2016, 09:36 AM
All locks switched over! Thanks, man!