PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheel Options?

Sphynxface
08-06-2016, 08:13 AM
Well Hello Again!

I need info on steering wheels, is it possible to hook up a steering wheel with radio controls on it from another Honda or does this require all kinds of wizardry?

if the above is not an option and I just change the steering wheel for something more sporty what's good and what do I need to make the change a success.

I don't want to just go and buy a steering wheel then discover I need a hundred other bits to make it fit.

any advice, choices, pics, guides are thankfully received.

:help:

4Aaron GE
08-06-2016, 08:21 AM
Adding radio controls is basically impossible without doing a lot of reverse engineering and modification. It could be done in theory, but it really isn't worth doing.

Just grab a dual pattern hub and get an aftermarket wheel.

Any of the OEM ones that fit will likely look very similar to what came stock in the car.

Sphynxface
08-06-2016, 08:31 AM
Wow! quick reply, Thank you. if your key board isn't still on fire, i know nothing about this kind of thing so, Dual Pattern Hub? where do I get one of these? Is it good for most makes of steering wheel? I see a lot of people go for the MOMO Steering wheels.

4Aaron GE
08-06-2016, 01:27 PM
Dual pattern as in Momo and Nardi together. Those two will cover most of the aftermarket wheels out there (save for like, Grant).

Ask around local tuning shops to you. Make sure it's not a Chinese off brand. If you can't find one locally, I can hook you up with a Japanese one.

Sphynxface
08-06-2016, 01:34 PM
nice one thanks I'll have a look about. did you make a decision on your beat Aaron?

4Aaron GE
08-06-2016, 03:09 PM
Not yet. Looking at where prices are currently, I may end up fixing it - which would be nice. I have a couple more weeks to figure it out.

Sphynxface
08-06-2016, 04:37 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Better to keep then on the road than off!!