PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy the factory alloys

Andreas_3055
28-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Hi everyone

the restoring of the version Z is going slowly but surely
I am looking for the factory alloys
the one that look like the old style telephone dials with the Honda emblem in the middle....does anyone have them and is willing to sell them ?
or knows were I can get my hands on them...

sincerely

Andreas

steveinjapan
01-11-2013, 03:29 AM
Hi everyone

the restoring of the version Z is going slowly but surely
I am looking for the factory alloys
the one that look like the old style telephone dials with the Honda emblem in the middle....does anyone have them and is willing to sell them ?
or knows were I can get my hands on them...

sincerely

Andreas

There are always sets available on Yahoo Japan auctions, but you probably wouldn't like to pay shipping costs from Japan.

Andreas_3055
01-11-2013, 10:38 AM
thanks Steve

I already had a look and the little devil inside pushed me... I got a set in almost mint condition. I promised myself that I will bring it back to as close to an OEM as possible so no expenses spared.

steveinjapan
01-11-2013, 11:11 PM
thanks Steve

I already had a look and the little devil inside pushed me... I got a set in almost mint condition. I promised myself that I will bring it back to as close to an OEM as possible so no expenses spared.

Great! I like those wheels and did a "halfway" restoration on mine. So you bought it from Japan? How much did the shipping cost, just out of curiousity...

Andreas_3055
04-11-2013, 09:04 AM
Before anyone says I am nuts ( which probably I am ) ...let me tell you the whole deal maybe that will ease my position.
I got the 4 alloys as I said in mint condition plus 4 new tires total including the shipping was 730 euros, but take into account the exchange rate and also that is secured shipping the actual cost of the alloys was 350 euros with new tires.
As a rule of thumb what ever the cost of the item is...expect the same price for secure shipping.

Ok now for my next crazy purchase...looking for the rubber that goes around the roof and seals were the windows are closing.... rain is coming and I have to be water tight ;) any ideas anyone ?

regards

Andreas

Steve_M
04-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Ok now for my next crazy purchase...looking for the rubber that goes around the roof and seals were the windows are closing.... rain is coming and I have to be water tight ;) any ideas anyone ?

All 6 rubbers are still available to order. Total cost in the UK would be £432.96.

Part number are:

R/H
(1) 72381-SS1-003
(2) 72382-SS1-003
(3) 72383-SS1-013

L/H
(4) 72391-SS1-003
(5) 72392-SS1-003
(6) 72393-SS1-013

Number in bracket is the item on the picture.

Otherwise a couple of tricks by applying silicon to them to make more flexible and adding foam insulation inside the void to plump them up, so the fit to the glass is tighter.

Also the door glass doe have quite a bit of adjustment to make a better fit.

LawrenceHarding
06-11-2013, 12:46 AM
In our experience the problem is not water getting in between the seal and the glass but between the seal and the frame and I cannot figure out how.

Andreas_3055
06-11-2013, 10:33 AM
wow thanks for the info Steve I am going into research mode again ; ) I will Pm you in the near future for futher details

Sincerely

Andreas

Andreas_3055
06-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the info Lawrence that is worth investigating.....

fxdlidon
19-11-2013, 07:48 AM
In our experience the problem is not water getting in between the seal and the glass but between the seal and the frame and I cannot figure out how.

That was exactly the problem I had. Putting some non-hardning sealant behind the seals (in th 'V' channels they clip into) made a big difference.