PDA

View Full Version : Missing Oil Cap

Ben
05-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Well I did it again! Topped up my oil and thought to myself "don't forget the oil cap". Half way to CarFest I had an uneasy feeling and stopped to check and, yes, no oil cap. :awwww:

Does anyone have a spare to sell or know of where to get one? Last time the asknetwork was recommended but it's down at the moment.

Fingers crossed!

Ben.

Ending Credits
05-08-2013, 10:36 PM
I've done the same myself except I found it sitting in the recess between the battery and the fuse box where I had left it - was lucky on that one that it didn't slip off!

Probably worth asking at a local garage to see if they've seen something similar before - it looks fairly generic.

Steve_M
06-08-2013, 06:18 AM
Part number for the rear oil filler cap is 15610-PE9-003, It may be still available from your local Honda dealer.

UPDATE: It looks as if it may have been discontinued. Its the same oil cap that a Honda Acty (1986-87) uses. Cost is £14.99 inc VAT.

Ben
06-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah I contacted a Honda dealer with the part number and it's discontinued unfortunately. I'm hoping someone knows of another cap that'll fit? Or has a spare one. Why wouldn't Honda just make them all the same? :D