PDA

View Full Version : Roof : Haartz Vinyl or Stayfast?

Dickiecrx-vt
13-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Hi there!

Ive been looking around for a new top, but don't really know what i want..
Stayfast or vinyl...
I would like the vinyl, becouse it looks like the original and i love original stuff!:D
The Stayfast really is a nice fabric. but more expensive..
Our Beat still got the original top.. so it is over 22 years now... Looks awfull, cracked, schrunk and really starting to hate it..
The Beat will stay for the rest of his life in our warm garage and will only be driven on sunny days. so the roof will not be exposed long on rain and sun. Well.. no rain at all... only a wash up;)
Will a vinyl top stay in god shape for 20 years or is a Stayfast top a better way to go..

Maby some pics will help?
Any prices?

Thanx!

Dickiecrx-vt
17-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Anybody???

steveinjapan
17-06-2013, 10:38 PM
I'd think the vinyl would last a good long time under the conditions you describe.

beecee
18-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Are any of the roof supplied ready to fit , or do they all need rivets and clips drilled etc etc ?

fxdlidon
18-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Mine needed holes drilling for the fittings. I also bought a new set of stainless studs and screws otherwise it would have been a case of reuse the old ones, as I had to do with the fittings elsewhere. You'll also need some 5mm pop rivets unless they are supplied.

Bruce
16-12-2013, 09:50 PM
I need new studs around the hood, including in the boot. Honda's OEM studs are obscenely priced at about £45. Did you find some 3rd party black ones which fitted?

Ta

Bruce