PDA

View Full Version : Got my car back from Bodyshop!

scottyd
15-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Got my car back from the bodyshop this week and the weather has been terrible. This morning was the first time I could take any pictures in daylight and relatively dry weather!

I had the car fully resprayed, undersealed, BC racing coilovers put on, new roof, new alloy wheels (13 front, 14 back) and my double DIN "Beat" stereo put in as a small touch.

Here's some pictures, I will get some proper pictures up once the weather clears up and the car is cleaned, not soon by the looks of things haha:

The only thing left to do is put the car in for a full Hunter wheel alignment which I have booked in for next saturday to make sure everything is spot on.

The paint is still in the curing stage so I need to take care when and how I clean it, so I bought myself lots of car care products such as "Dodo juice" ph neutral wax free car wash, two grit pad buckets and car cloths/sheepskin mitt to try and keep the finish as new as possible.

Thanks,
Scott.

old'uns
15-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Looking good :)

I lost interest as soon as i saw 'car care products' :eek: ;)

TADO
16-12-2012, 10:46 AM
that looks really nice!! congrats! :bounce:
its great to see all these beats getting the treatment.

scottyd
17-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the nice commets!

I'm just so happy having the car back!

old'uns
17-12-2012, 09:21 PM
you got PM

gymm
19-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Car looks great Scott! You should be really proud of all your efforts! Worth doing as it looks so good. What is the audio you have fitted? I still have the original gathers unit which I reckon is on borrowed time now. (I have learned how to make it do what I want it to but my way is different to the instruction manual.) Cheers, John

scottyd
19-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks Gymm!

The centre console surround bit is a Cozy lights part which OZSamurai got for me around 6 years ago which is double DIN size, and the head unit is a Beat 690 6.1" touch screen and DVD player which I bought for £150 including the mounting cage (normally not supplied) which I thought was a bargain from here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170794394368?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

gymm
19-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Cheers thx, have favourited the ebay site for the future. Good to know there are always ways to renew bits which might be hard to come by. Wheels with the red tape stripe look the business too!:)

Mylee
21-12-2012, 03:27 AM
Not sure your fog light is in the correct position, could be an issue come MOT time

scottyd
21-12-2012, 04:21 PM
I think you are right Mylee, funny though is that the people who positioned that at the Honda garage are the same people who MOT the car! :eek:

What I read is that it is supposed to be between the centreline and the offside (right) of the car.

When the weather gets dry I plan on fitting my thin LED fog strip to the right hand side upper bumper slit so it is incognito!

Well spotted!

Steve_M
23-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Just convert the drivers side reverse lamp in to a fog lamp by re-wiring and fitting a red LED bulb, thou not totally legal, an MOT tester is only looking for a red lamp on the rear when switching the foglamp switch.

Its a nuch neater solution.