PDA

View Full Version : The SUN, the sun is shining

brucebp
21-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Wheeled my faithful beat out of the garage, blew of 6 weeks dust and fired her up. Well, she backfires like crazy and wont rev higher than 2-3000 revs. Has anyone come across this before. I don't want to rush off trying different solutions till I get an idea of where to look. Can anyone offer any advice?

steveinjapan
21-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Wheeled my faithful beat out of the garage, blew of 6 weeks dust and fired her up. Well, she backfires like crazy and wont rev higher than 2-3000 revs. Has anyone come across this before. I don't want to rush off trying different solutions till I get an idea of where to look. Can anyone offer any advice?

Rodent nest in the tailpipe????

brucebp
21-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Rodent nest in the tailpipe????

Konichiwa Steve, you may think you are joking but when I got Toshi out after the winter there was a fieldmouse nest next to the battery. Smelt of mouse pee for weeks !

Steve_M
21-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Damp in the distributor cap?

Dead ECU with corrosion on board due to failed capacitors?

Just a couple of ideas.

steveinjapan
22-07-2012, 05:39 AM
Konichiwa Steve, you may think you are joking but when I got Toshi out after the winter there was a fieldmouse nest next to the battery. Smelt of mouse pee for weeks !

Nope, not a joke at all. I once left a Porsche 911 I was restoring outside for a month (in Oregon, not Japan) and found a field mouse mansion and grocery store waiting for me under the pedals. Even worse is the taste the little divvils get for old plastic wiring insulation. It must taste like cheese to them, and they usually don't stop chomping on it until the copper is cut through.