PDA

View Full Version : belt

barney
30-05-2012, 09:27 PM
I recently bought Mylees Beat, but even after all the work he had done when he imported the car, for peace of mind I've had the cambelt, A/C belt and new rocker gasket and waterpump changed today. It was done 5 years ago so I'd sooner not chance an engine rebuild. £183 for Honda parts, and £200 labour to fit. No more expensive than a big service really. 2 new decals fitted courtesy of old'uns. They look great. Happy bunny now.
Cheers

old'uns
31-05-2012, 02:04 PM
no problem.
sometimes pays to ask a dealer, pleasantly surprised you may be :)

steveinjapan
31-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Pretty reasonable, compared to almost double that for doing the belt on my Mazda Premacy today. Factory book sez have to change the front seal at the same time!

barney
31-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Pretty reasonable, compared to almost double that for doing the belt on my Mazda Premacy today. Factory book sez have to change the front seal at the same time!

The car has only done 32000 miles from new, so the seal isn't really a priority until the next change. My main concern was a belt or pump breakage. A leaking seal won't cause an engine failure (hopefully).:)

steveinjapan
02-06-2012, 04:31 AM
The car has only done 32000 miles from new, so the seal isn't really a priority until the next change. My main concern was a belt or pump breakage. A leaking seal won't cause an engine failure (hopefully).:)

You've got an almost new car!

No, I meant the seal is being changed on my Mazda, not the Beat. I probably should have told them not to do the seal since we're only going to keep it another 2 years. Mazda seems to have noticed seal failures after changing the timing belt, which I can't quite understand, but c'est la vie.