PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Centre Bore?

scottyd
22-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Does anybody know what size the wheel centre bore is for the Beat?

Is is the same as Civics at 56.1mm?

I'm just wondering because i'm looking to order some new wheels and I want to get the exact correct fitment.

edit: also if anybody has the info handy, are the nut size on the beat a 12x1.5 mm fitment?

Thanks,
Scott.

fxdlidon
22-01-2012, 06:32 PM
nuts are definately 12 X 1.5, no idea on the centrebore though.

scottyd
22-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the nut information, just need the centre bore info then I can order me some nice new wheels haha!

I'm going for the original 13" front and 14" rear setup. Going to order some nice red wheel nuts and red bike tape for the outside rim of the wheels to suit the paintwork.

bigB
22-01-2012, 11:35 PM
The front hub is flat so any bore will do. I'm not sure on the rears. Also I like the bike tape idea. I used reflective yellow to match mine. :).

scottyd
23-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks BigB that info is great I just took my wheels off to have a look myself and it seems that the beat does not have a centre bore at all, front or rear haha so any wheel centre bore will fit.

I like the wheels with wheel tape in your pic, looks awesome.

The wheels i'm ordering are the Dezent V in silver (I wanted them in black but no can do), it seems these are the only wheels available in both a 13x5 et35 and 14x5.5 et42 fitment, however I do like multispoke wheels so it's ok, and the red tape for the rim should make them look a bit different.

unclejemima
25-01-2012, 10:50 PM
The wheels i'm ordering are the Dezent V in silver (I wanted them in black but no can do), it seems these are the only wheels available in both a 13x5 et35 and 14x5.5 et42 fitment

Where are you getting your rims from?

In North America, 14x5.5 are non existant. We get only 14x6 :(

Nice looking rims!

Did you ever find the centerbore of the rear?

scottyd
25-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Yes Uncle, I took my wheels off the other day to check he centre bore, and as BigB suggested the Beat does not actually have a centre bore, the hub face is flat for both the front and rear, so centre bore does not matter when buying wheels, however you may want to ask for a common centrebore like a 56.1 honda fitment incase you want to sell the wheels at a later date!

I'm ordering my wheels from a local company as they have matched, and beaten the price of the online retailers I found, plus they are balancing, fitting and filling the tyres with nitrogen for free, plus I always like to be able to see someone in person if anything goes wrong haha!

The online retailer that I originally found the wheels on are a UK based company:

http://www.performancealloys.com/Wheels-By-Size-Results.aspx?sizeID=29

This is the link to their website, the reason I like their website is that you can view wheels by size (13x5, 14x5.5 etc) which is much better when looking for specific fitments instead of by vehicle like most other sites do. Note: when you enter your car details for Honda Beat the 13" rim wont be an option on the drop down list, but when I contacted them they said that they do do the 13x5 rim it is just a problem with their website.

unclejemima
26-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Thanks scottyd. Good to know! Thanks!