PDA

View Full Version : A Lurkers Introduction

kiiro^^
30-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Hi there everyone:)

Figured it was about time I blew the dust off my keyboard and said hello to everyone!

I bought my first yellow beat over 2 years ago and brought it back to ireland. After changing the timing belt, water pump, ECU, main relay, fuse pump relay, coil packs (and more!) the car decided not to start, after numerous idle,cutting out issues... oh and the obvious leaking! This was a month after I purchased it! So for the last 2 years she has sat in the garage untouched!

In the meantime I've owned various other cars, MR2, mx5 and mgf... Always wanted to go back to Beat ownership...

So this week Im taking the bait and letting the MR2 go for another Beat! Although this time in red :cool: Lets hope this one will run for a bit longer than the last!

Thanks for reading :)

steveinjapan
01-12-2011, 02:55 AM
Welcome, you'll find this a useful place.

Good luck with the red one. You'll have to change your handle now to akaii^^.

Saharasole
01-12-2011, 11:29 PM
kiiro, I too am only new to the group but have immediately found the guys & gals here to be great and highly supportive, so welcome from me. It may sound crazy but i picked up my beat as a non runner with very similar sounding issues to yours and traced the idle and cutting out issue back to the fuel pump inside the tank which had become disconnected from the pipe it fed. It took a little while to find because it all sounded okay externally but now problem solved and moved on to changing the bag of bolts previously known as the water pump!!

TADO
02-12-2011, 08:53 AM
welcome aboard kiiro and welcome back to beat ownership! :D

Obsessive
02-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi and Welcome.

Hope your new Beat is a good'n, will look forwards to seeing some photos and how you get on :)

kiiro^^
05-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Havent collected her yet but pics will be up as soon as she arrives:) Actually I think that this one was up for sale on here previously

Glad you noticed the name Steve. Think Ill keep the handle as it is seeing as I still have Kiiro but congratulations on naming my new Beat:p

Saharasole: perhaps a photo thread for the waterpump change... Would definately be handy for the brave of us who want to attempt it:D I dont think it the fuel pump as it seems to be electrically related; no spark at the plugs... Ill be swapping parts over to see if we can locate the exact issue for it.

TADO and Obsessive: Thanks very much! Love what you have done with your own Beats! Keep up the good work!

Saharasole
19-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Wish I had thought of the photo thread before doing the job!!