PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Dash speakers & sub

Beatman
29-11-2011, 01:33 AM
As above.

Factory Sub is 2 ohm.
Only need right hand dash speaker bit will buy both if necessary.

Thanks.

steveinjapan
29-11-2011, 03:11 PM
As above.

Factory Sub is 2 ohm.
Only need right hand dash speaker bit will buy both if necessary.

Thanks.

Sorry to sound like a broken record (if you young'uns know what that means) but there's a nice-looking pair of dash speakers just went on auction at japhoo. For the sub, I'd expect you could use any standard replacement 2-ohm speaker, assuming you have the enclosure already.

Beatman
29-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Thanks, I will check this "Japhoo" site.

You would think you could use any 2 ohm speaker but it would appear that there was only one woofer in the world made to be 2 ohms at 4 inches.

Yes I have the enclosure. The previous "prankster" owners have replaced the original unit with a 4 ohm 4 inch kenwood woofer, bypassed the amp and bridged the head unit to run it.
I got it running through its amp again but the volume is to low due to it being 4 ohm instead of the amps listed running load of 2. :suicide:

Beatman
30-11-2011, 01:25 AM
I am beginning to form the opinion that the dash speakers won't work at all unless you have both of them hooked up at the same time as I can't get the good one I have to work.
I believe its to do with the wacky factory loom that bridges left and right dash speakers.

I went through 25 pages of Japanese Yahoo! but didn't see them?

steveinjapan
30-11-2011, 12:59 PM
I am beginning to form the opinion that the dash speakers won't work at all unless you have both of them hooked up at the same time as I can't get the good one I have to work.
I believe its to do with the wacky factory loom that bridges left and right dash speakers.

I went through 25 pages of Japanese Yahoo! but didn't see them?

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h158848941

new loom included

Beatman
30-11-2011, 11:43 PM
Thanks,

I probably should have asked this earlier but what is the procedure for buying?

These guys take credit cards? Are they even going to understand my address?

We need a Japanese Beat sales consultant! Money to be made for someone!

Obsessive
01-12-2011, 06:08 AM
I always use Jesse Streeter, Simply email him with a link to what you're after and he takes care of the rest for a small commission.

http://jessestreeter.com/

"Jesse Streeter" <dartsun75@gmail.com>,

Beatman
01-12-2011, 06:19 AM
Ah, excellent, thanks very much!

I will get onto it, want to get my dash back together before the open ended plugs oxidise. Don't need any airbag lights going on!