PDA

View Full Version : Brake discs and pads supplier?

scottyd
20-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Hi everyone long time no see, just got the beat back on the road after 4 years of sitting and it started 1st time and passed its MOT first time! (only failed on wiper blades but they were changed immediately!)

However they said that the rear pads were about 80% worn and will need changed after a couple thousand miles and that the discs may need changed if they stay corroded after some use (I don't think they will).

Honda quoted me £225 for front discs and pads and £245 for rear discs and pads, but I was wondering if anyone knows where I could buy these parts myself that doesn't come with the "Honda" tax haha.

All help appreciated thanks.

TADO
20-06-2011, 02:03 PM
yikes - thats pretty pricey!
i got slotted discs from Dixcel after seeing a lot of the japanese guys running them.
A chap called Dixon from the integra forum ordered them for me - his site is: http://www.dmsracingltd.co.uk/dixcelbrakes/index.php/6/dixcel-brakes/

I think they were around 130 for the front and 130 for the rear.
im pretty sure they'll do pads too, or you could order from somewhere like yahoo japan or even amazon.jp

TADO
20-06-2011, 02:03 PM
ps - congrats on the fresh ticket!

scottyd
20-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Thank you very much, I will check it out, £130 is considerable chunk cheaper than "Honda" price ha!

Steve_M
20-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Www.ebcbrakesdirect.co.uk list Beat pads and disc.

Front discs £76 after a quick search

Probably find all that you need.

scottyd
21-06-2011, 12:04 AM
Thank you Steve that is fantastic they have everything I need, cheers!

scottyd
05-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Just a follow up on the brakes and pads situation incase anyone else is looking for similar info.

I ordered my discs and pads from http://www.redlinecarparts.com/ they charged me a reasonable £122.94 for the whole set front and back, including delivery.

I ordered them on Tuesday the 3rd and they arrived today Thursday the 5th which was very fast in my opinion.