PDA

View Full Version : Seating comfort

steveinjapan
09-06-2010, 10:52 AM
I love the little car, but my ancient back moans and groans after a relatively short drive.

What have you done to improve the seating comfort in your Beats? My foray into lumbar supports has not done much good.

Steve

TADO
05-07-2010, 08:07 AM
hi steve
not sure if you've seen them in person on your side of the world, but i've seen a lot of people on the Minkara site running honda DC2 recaro's in the drivers side - that would be huge improvement in comfort. it might be a tight squeeze to get one in but there's plenty of pictures of people with them on the blogs etc.

steveinjapan
06-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Will look out for Recaros. Actually I have not seen as many Beats running around as I had expected. The local monthly club meetings have either been rained out or cancelled, so I've actually seen more Cappucinos than Beats since owning the car.

For the time being I got a few cheap back cushions on EBay and am using one that actually makes a huge difference.

ozsamurai
26-06-2011, 10:14 AM
IMHO save yourself the expense and hassle of fitting the Recaro's, they are mostly cosmetic for those who want the "brand", but they are RACING seats.....hard as a rock, I've had more in some suits I own...lol. Also dont forget left and right side are different widths, so a pair is unlikely. Find a wrecked pair in the auctions (torn edge) get them redone and bolstered.

Oz

Rod
10-07-2011, 06:08 PM
As Oz has said, get them filled out with with that memory foam stuff, it's a little more costly but save your arse on a long drive. Go to Primark and raid the pillow section.