PDA

View Full Version : Aerial Issues

flamingo
31-05-2010, 12:38 PM
After just purchasing my new Beat, I've noticed that the aerial has 'sunk.' The rubber strip that holds it all in place is still in tact but has slipped. I can move the aerial back to where it should be, but it just slips back to where it was.

Can someone please tell me the best way to rectify this problem? :help:

Steve_M
31-05-2010, 01:43 PM
The collar around the outside of the mast sounds as if it needs tightening. Assuming it is an original Beat aerial.

There is also a bracket behind the 1/4 panel which hold the aerial body up, Access can be gained via the side air inlet.

TADO
31-05-2010, 01:44 PM
ooh - saw your mugen-beat on ebay the other day - congrats on your purchase!! it looked great in the pics with the matching mugen wheels.

with the ariel, from memory, i think the rubber ring at the bottom is meant to be in one-piece with the top section - maybe yours has split into 2 over time? i think i still have our old one somewhere you could have - ours has been taken off now so i dont really have a use for it.

edit - take steve's advice first - he knows a lot more than anyone else! :D

flamingo
31-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Thanks Tado, I'm yet to decide whether I like the wheels or not, but it was a Beat in my price bracket that has stuff that needs fixing, but I feel I can have a go at! I'm unsure as to whether the wheels are rare and there for cool or rare because they are crap!!

Ian Pattie (the previous owner) used to be a member here, so I welcome any information on my Beat from anyone who remembers!

The rubber is still in one piece and attached to the aerial itself so will follow your advice and try to tighten it.

What would you reccommend to 'glue' the rubber back to the body of the car or do I just leave that after tightening it?