PDA

View Full Version : Code 28?

wildbilly
23-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Two slow flashes followed by 8 fast ones. Cant see code 28 in the list. Car runs great, after 10 minutes of driving the orange lamp comes on. If you switch ignition off it knocks the light out for another 5-10 minutes- any ideas?

Steve_M
23-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Have you tried clearing codes by removing back-up fuse and then rechecking.

you could be seeing a combination of codes.

otherwise you could very well be loking at an ecu fault.

wildbilly
23-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Do I remove fuses from the fuse box in the engine bay area?
Can an ECU fault be rectified ?

Thank you for your help.

wildbilly
23-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Yes, found the ECU fuses, removed them and replaced them. Now the code appears to have cleared, the lamp just stays on with the jumper cable in place. One the jumper wire is removed the lamp goes out as normal. I havnt driven it yet as Im just off to work. That sound normal ?

Steve_M
23-05-2010, 09:23 PM
the lamp just stays on with the jumper cable in place. One the jumper wire is removed the lamp goes out as normal. I havnt driven it yet as Im just off to work. That sound normal ?

Thats correct, now drive it and once the engine light comes on while driving, recheck for codes.

wildbilly
25-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Ok, so took the Beat for a good thrash to see if I could get the light on. It came on after around 20 minutes, the temp gauge was reading in the middle but the motor may of been a little warm (I still had the cover off) Anyway when I bridge the connector now the light blinks a long blink on/off ,on/off till I was bord counting, any ideas?

Steve_M
25-05-2010, 09:11 PM
one long blink = 10 = Inlet air temp sensor.

or could it be actual a short blink = 1 = O2 sensor??

Try clearing code again and creating code 10 by disconnecting the Inlet air temp sensor (its the two pin connector on top of the inlet manifold) and then rechecking flash code. Is it the same as your seeing before??

From your description of when it comes on i would say its probably code 1 O2 sensor, but worth these other checks

wildbilly
26-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Thanks Steve, will give it a whirl