PDA

View Full Version : Drivers seat repaired....JOY!!

wildbilly
03-02-2010, 05:59 PM
I thought I would share my joy, had my drivers seat repaired. My seat had damage to the bolster and the back rest in the usual places.The frame had worn through the foam and then the seat cover, so two big holes!. I was lucky enough to get a small piece of the correct zebra material from a well known forum member, I then stripped the seat. My local trimmer charged me £70 to repair the cover and foam. Its taken me around 3 hours to strip and reassemble. I'm very happy with it.

Wh1teLeopard
03-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Looks a well done job :)

Stokesey
03-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Excellent job looks good - did you wet clean the cover whilst off? Mine (out of the car) are quite musty

Steve_M
04-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Well done looks an excellant job

Im glad that piece of seat fabric found such a good home.

Did you wash the covers when they were off?

When I redid a seat I actually stuck them in the washing machine and they came up really clean and bright again.

wildbilly
04-02-2010, 09:40 AM
I used some Autoglym spray foam, which I find is good stuff. They looked a bit delicate for the machine, I was worried the plastic would break up. Just waiting for some final bits from Japan to finish the head rebuild, its all stuck in customs at Coventry. Went for a new water pump and stat, belt spring, idler, and tensioner as well in the end. The rad is sick though, so yet to find a company to recore it.

wildbilly
04-02-2010, 09:42 AM
And Thanks for that piece of fabric! I didnt want to go for a non standard leather job.

old'uns
04-02-2010, 01:49 PM
if 'normal ' rad places won't touch it, try a motorsport orientated place used to doing oddball things?
one local to me, well i did go to school with the owner!
http://www.radtec.co.uk/

steveinjapan
18-05-2010, 09:26 AM
There is an original zebra driver's side seat cover on Yahoo.jp now. Looks good.