PDA

View Full Version : clutch problems?!?

nobby
27-09-2009, 03:44 PM
ok, the clutch hits the floor on first press but then works. but if it's left for a for about ten minutes then pressed there's no pressure then next press works ok again. I've bled the system now about a thousand times and no air! I've check all the connections, I don't know if it's so cut and dry but surely if air can get in fluid can get out?, and no leaks! so I'm confused please somebody help.

cheers!

marcair
27-09-2009, 04:04 PM
check vacuum boost line

bigB
27-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Probably the clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder seals are worn out allowing pressure to build, but not hold.:awwww:

DavidStove
27-09-2009, 09:06 PM
The Master Cylinder seals are shot. This allows the fluid to bleed back past the seals into the clutch reservoir. Try replacing the master cylinder seals but before you do that hone out the master cylinder,
Cheers.
david

nobby
28-09-2009, 07:33 AM
cheers people just a couple of other questions.

Vacuum boost? Who, what, where!

And where do I get new seals?

i'm crap at this really, anyway it's early and i need my mum to help dress me before work.
:)

cheers

nobby
28-09-2009, 10:28 AM
oh and by the way in case you're worried i am normal the dressing things a joke that doesn't work in text! It just makes me sound odd!

DavidStove
29-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Ignore the vacuum boost bit. Seals should be available from your local parts dealer (At least in New Zealand) A brake shop will hone the master cylinder if it needs it cheaply (Again, at least in NZ)!
David

nobby
30-09-2009, 08:32 AM
ok i'll have to see what i can find in shocking ole Blighty! Cheers.