PDA

View Full Version : A sad day

Steenson1
10-07-2009, 03:15 PM
After 11 years of owning my little Beat it is time to say goodbye....
Decided to take advantage of the UK scrappage deal and get a Fiat 500... (I know I feel bad!!)
But...
Exhaust is about to go, roof is in bad repair..noises galore starting to appear...170km on the clock...cracks in main structure....

But on the bright side....
I will be salvaging as much as possible before it goes to scrap for spares.
Anyone interested in any parts let me know.
I have a yellow beat and pretty much all bits are in reasonable condition.Lights, rear rack, spoiler, Stereo with CD player etc...

I have 10 weeks before I have to scrap so let me know.....
I will draw up a full list.....

Alan
:(

LawrenceHarding
10-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Are you allowed to strip a car for spares before submitting the shell for scrappage?

aidanbelfast
10-07-2009, 06:57 PM
call me asap as i need
a radio cd changer
boot rack
ph 07737737147 thanks

hobeet
10-07-2009, 09:30 PM
If the radio is Gathers casette type as originally fitted and working Im interested and in Drogheda. Call me on 00 353 41 9827315 with your number and Ill call back for a chat. Have no interest in CD changer.

Honda UK
10-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Definately interested in The CD player... if still available?

Would also be interested in the following,

1. Zebra seats or the Seat covers
2. Zebra floor mats
3. Alloy wheels
4. Toolkit in the water carrier bag in the spare wheel
5. Momo Steering wheel
6. Headlights and tail lights

and any useful documents that you may have.

Please get in touch.... Mark 07811160501:)

beardo
10-07-2009, 11:19 PM
ffs. government scheme working a treat. Scrapping a working rare classic. You should hang your head in shame. Hope you weren't expecting not to get flamed for this.

Steve_M
11-07-2009, 09:37 AM
I bet you could have got a better deal if you haggle the price and just sold the beat for £1000.

I cant believe a dealer will let you arrive in half a car when you trade it in, you have still got to drive it to the dealer legally.

Ive seen some really nice cars being scrapped due to the scrappage scheme, its just a joke and such a waste!!

old'uns
11-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Definately interested in The CD player... if still available?

Would also be interested in the following,

1. Zebra seats or the Seat covers
2. Zebra floor mats
3. Alloy wheels
4. Toolkit in the water carrier bag in the spare wheel
5. Momo Steering wheel
6. Headlights and tail lights

and any useful documents that you may have.

Please get in touch.... Mark 07811160501:)

with that list why not buy the car?

Steenson1
11-07-2009, 03:31 PM
I checked regarding the scrappage and I can strip the car bare once it is at the dealers...as they used to be a Honda dealer they said they will help me if required...A low loader picks up and it is turned into cans! :(

Not too sad... as at least it will live on (well in parts)

I will make a full list in about 8-10 weeks along with photos but to date it will be:
Gathers Stereo with 6CD changer (tape for mp3 stuck inside deck but it plays on one side so at least ipod connection is available...wire can be hidden easy enough)
Seats (Original) (collection only from N.Ireland... unless you can organise courier)
Mats (Originals)
Spoiler with brake light
Rear lights/front lights
Various buttons off dash
Rear luggage rack
Spare wheel
Original beat manual and beat log books (will stick these on ebay soon)
Not sure what these will sell for so everything will go on ebay with low start price to ensure you get good deal...of course no unreasonable offer refused!
Will see about removing any panels etc with the dealer...may have to pay him to do this but will only do if someone is interested in these.

Roof is knackered so it will be scrapped (some total scum bag slashed it a few years back)
Tyres are in V good condition... The steel wheels are not great...
Not sure if the electrics board will be OK as the engine management light has been on for 5 years....Car ran fine so might be OK for someone
Engine will be scrapped unless someone is desperate for parts

Will keep you all posted....

And yes I do feel bad for doing this:( but need a car for new job and my car simply wouldn't make it through the next winter with trips back and forth to Dublin.

Alan

s8rah
11-07-2009, 04:09 PM
I'd be interested in the luggage rack if it hasn't already been bagged! PM please if it's still available.

Honda UK
11-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Hi Alan,

thanks for the telephone call, I guess most will end on ebay... that's probably the fairest way all round...
Pity that your Beat has died, but the donor parts will keep many others going for a longer time.
Please keep in touch, as you know I'm interested in many of the parts...

Take care... Mark

Steenson1
11-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Hi Alan,

thanks for the telephone call, I guess most will end on ebay... that's probably the fairest way all round...
Pity that your Beat has died, but the donor parts will keep many others going for a longer time.
Please keep in touch, as you know I'm interested in many of the parts...

Take care... Mark

Hi Mark,
Have to wait for 8-10 weeks....I will call you nearer the time once I get firm delivery date of new car.
:)

Mylee
11-07-2009, 10:31 PM
You should hang your head in shame. Hope you weren't expecting not to get flamed for this.

Here here.

Bumbly1
12-07-2009, 10:10 AM
This is a sad state of affairs, read about it elsewhere, I am looking for a standard gear knob and a standard spoiler if anyone can help?
Tom

Steenson1
12-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Photos on facebook if anyone wants to look...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=90148&id=628093911&ref=mf

Steenson1
19-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Hi
I have listed manual on e-bay if anyone is interested

Alan

Honda UK
20-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Hi Alan, I have already bid on the manuals, and am really keen to win the auction. Fingers crossed !! Mark

Steenson1
22-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Hi I am selling off the CD Changer (6 Disc)
Clarion..
Keeping the main unit as I need it for a while yet as I put my Ipod through it via cassette player...Never use the CD now

Any offers send me a PM...

Alan
:)