PDA

View Full Version : help with valuation - urgent-ish :)

TADO
01-06-2009, 06:44 PM
hi all
as you know we're going through the joyful process of trying to get our car sorted by the insurance after the smash.
at the moment apparently the engineer is finding it hard value the car properly as he says he cant find much in the way of pricing guides and cant compare it with whats currently available via ebay/autotrader etc.

so basically, i need to find the best, shiniest, most-lovely, most expensive beats i can, which are probably in japan.
does anyone have any auction/import type sites i can go hunting on to try and track down some mint ones?
many thanks in advance! :)

Gavin
01-06-2009, 11:23 PM
mylee sent Jennifer some auction details last year for her white beat mike, if mylee doesn't have the details and you can hang on for a few hours I will pm you

Mylee
02-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Mike,
Try autoadvan. Just tell them you are interested in buying a beat. They will send you a password to log onto all the auction houses in Japan
I'll try and dig my adverts out for when I was going to sell last year. I had an advert close to 4k if thats any good.

Failing that, I'm sure a couple of us could list our cars for 'sale' at a price that you'd like but no one else would ;)

TADO
02-06-2009, 05:04 PM
allo...
ta very much - ive already found a 12k one in japan! :D
ill drop you an email tonight to update you on things... stuff is going ok at the mo...

Honda UK
03-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Couple of other sites .... www.octane.ie/ads/car 92 model, 6300 Euros
www.tradecarview.com/used_car/honda beat various
cars from 2300 to 7600 $ USDollars
www.cflag.co.uk £3795
www.anayama.com
doubt this will help.... but you'll never know... hope you get what your after !! good luck. Mark

TADO
03-06-2009, 06:59 PM
hi mark
thanks a lot for those - the more uk/ireland cars i can get with decent prices the better really so they might just be useful.
ta very much indeed!
mike

Bumbly1
05-06-2009, 11:24 PM
They are more expensive in Japan at present, due to the crunch probably, as it was not always thus. Hope you get due recompense.

Tom

Bumbly1
08-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Tado, just wondered how things are progressing for you following the bump?
Tom

beardo
08-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Tado, just wondered how things are progressing for you following the bump?
Tom

No news is good news I reckon. ;)

Bumbly1
08-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Lets hope so!

TADO
08-06-2009, 10:15 PM
allo....
ta very much for asking - i havent updated yet as i dont want to jinx anything before we get it in writing... but ill update asap.
the past week was pretty stressful and theres been a lot of back and forwarding with the insurance. the engineer we been dealing with has been very understanding and the help we've had from everyone on here and kkitp has been brilliant.
so far we're very very glad we went with britannia rather than AF/norwich union.

Gavin
08-06-2009, 10:52 PM
mike a good few more have popped up on ebay if it helps

TADO
10-06-2009, 10:07 AM
hi all
official update time... hoorah!!!
just been on the phone to britannia and they've confirmed that the repairs have been authorised and will go ahead. we're over the moon.

the engineer has been hugely understanding and patient with the case and was very sympathetic about everything. after showing him various beats for sale in japan, reciepts for parts and work done and also comparable cars for sale here and past sales he put a fair value on the car which placed it over the repair threshold.
the repairs are quoted at 6800 and parts will probably take most of the summer to arrive but the most important thing is that the car will be back on the road.

both of us want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who'd posted messages, offered us parts (or even whole cars!) and given us fantastic advice. we really appreciate it. :D :D
mike and katie

Bumbly1
10-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Just need to buy a Beat run-around whilst waiting for the parts. Sounds a good result though.
Tom

Bumbly1
11-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Some more Beat price information here, albeit in Japan, but shows prices being strong there compared with UK http://tinyurl.com/n3m6dv some nice Beats there too!

Tom

Honda UK
11-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Wow expensive in Japan or wot? the most expensive on this site was 158million yen
using a currency converter that = nearly 980,000 GBP won't be buying that one then!!
But very interesting site with loads of Beats on there !!
Surely the price is wrong?

Bumbly1
11-06-2009, 09:09 PM
They seem high on tradecarview too almost to the extent it would be worth exporting them! Perhaps it is a combination of the credit crunch here and the adverse yen exchange rate though I understood the crunch to be global. Also in times of austerity do people downsize? Cant get much smaller!

Tom

TADO
14-08-2009, 06:18 PM
bit of a quick update for a happy friday afternoon. as i type there's a transit van full to the brim of honda beat parts hurtling up the M1. :D
many many thanks to Dave at Steels for all his help in getting the bits, fingers crossed we'll be ready and MOT'd for KKITP!

Bumbly1
14-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Good news, progress at last!
Tom