PDA

View Full Version : Soft Top Issue

maiku
18-05-2009, 03:06 AM
My soft top has an issue with one of the 'buttons'.
I can't seem to pull it down far enough to get it to click to the 'ball' screw.

I saw some other beats have this problem too.
Anyway around it?

Mylee
18-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Anyway around it?

Yeah, a new roof.

beardo
18-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Yeah, a new roof.

:D Have you got one for sale?

Try loosening the 3 further fixings to see if it gives you enough slack to fasten it. If so tighten them up whilst pulling the slack towards the front. If not then its a new roof. We never fasten ours as they can break if you forget them when dropping the roof.

Steve_M
18-05-2009, 09:08 AM
If your roof is otherwise in good condition then Conditioning the roof with vinyl/plastic conditioner will make the roof more supple and with some stretching over time you will be able to attach roof on to its from popper

beardo
18-05-2009, 09:10 AM
If your roof is otherwise in good condition then Conditioning the roof with vinyl/plastic conditioner will make the roof more supple and with some stretching over time you will be able to attach roof on to its from popper

You forgot the link to the kit you are selling, or was that going to be too obvious? ;)

Steve_M
18-05-2009, 12:31 PM
You forgot the link to the kit you are selling, or was that going to be too obvious? ;)

That reminds me to put SOLD on that kit advert, thanks for the reminder.

Wh1teLeopard
18-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Mine had simply shrunk over the years, no way of ever making it fit over the connector you're on about.

New roof is the way forward I'm afraid

barney
14-06-2009, 03:42 PM
New mohair fitted on Friday, £250. Jack Smith of Swansea. Lovely 2hr ride, but they needed to keep it overnight for all the glues etc to go off before waterproof testing. Great job though. Possible one day job, if you get there early enough.

Leachyboy
11-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Barney

do you please have a address for the soft top repairer in cardiff

did the price include for the supply of the roof an fitting

cheer

Andrew

barney
11-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Jack Smith Trimmers of Swansea
Rear of 158 St. Helens Avenue
Swansea
SA1 4NQ
01792 461 022

Price was all inclusive and the result is fantastic.
Cheers

Leachyboy
12-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Barney

cheers for the reply will call them Monday

the only hitch I see is the trip from Southampton to Swansea as the longest trips I have made in the last six years has been no more than seven miles:D

sounds like a adventure then

will post some pictures when done then

Andrew

barney
12-07-2009, 09:23 AM
If you get there first thing, leave the car with them, then spend the day on the beach (500 yds) with sandwiches etc. you can have a really nice day out. If you leave about 6am, should be plenty of time for them to finish the car. Enjoy the ride.

crguitars
16-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Hi Barney, did the job you had done include the metal-work mechanisms or was it just the fabric itself?

barney
16-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Hi Barney, did the job you had done include the metal-work mechanisms or was it just the fabric itself?
Just the replacement mohair fabric, but for that price, fantastic value:).
ps. They also do seat covers and are willing to make a full tonneau cover at a very reasonable price.

wildbilly
17-01-2010, 06:39 PM
£250 all in sounds like a good value to me. How many Beats are in the UK and how many still rolling? I'm suprised anyone has a hood for a beat. 99% of folk I speak to say "A HONDA WHAT?"

crguitars
17-01-2010, 08:07 PM
I agree. I was most surprised yesterday to find Halfords had the Beat on their list for wipers. The list stated a 17" was required which were not in stock so I've fitted 16" and they seem fine. Does anyone know what the correct size is and whether they should be the same on both sides?