PDA

View Full Version : HID's

Mylee
30-04-2009, 09:38 AM
After the info Hothybrids gave us on the HID install, I've contacted the seller about suppling a H4H kit for the Beat.

They retail for approx $130 with another $40 postage although I'm trying for a discount. Additionally there will probably be customs and VAT to add :awwww:

If anyone is interested, I'm happy to sort out a 'group buy' for us all. Although if you do want a kit, please stand by your request.

Please note this is a dipped beam kit only, you will loose the high beam facility. I'm in no way saying this kit is road legal,
or that your car will pass an MOT, however it will look :cool:

From my previous experience of fitting a HID kit to my Civic, fitting is very simple but not perminant.

beardo
30-04-2009, 10:50 AM
I am wanting to install HIDS also. I fitted them to the Legacy and Alfa last year but got them a lot cheaper than that from a guy in Hong Kong. I will mail him for a price.

Mylee
30-04-2009, 02:35 PM
I am wanting to install HIDS also. I fitted them to the Legacy and Alfa last year but got them a lot cheaper than that from a guy in Hong Kong. I will mail him for a price.

Excellent stuff, would be nice to get this moving

Wh1teLeopard
30-04-2009, 02:59 PM
I'll be interested if it can be done a little cheaper (rent still has to be paid no matter how cool the beat looks haha)

TADO
30-04-2009, 04:18 PM
i'd definitely be interested. top work mr mylee :D

Mylee
01-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Let's hope Beardo's man comes up trumps. The guy in the US isn't interested in giving any sort of discount :confused:
H4H must be one of his best selling lines then :confused:

hothybrids
01-05-2009, 04:21 PM
BTW after driving with the single beam HID's for a few weeks, considering the strenght of the lights, I've never really had a need for the High beams so don't stress about that!

Wh1teLeopard
01-05-2009, 05:12 PM
The Type R we have had HIDs and you couldn't really tell when the highbeam were on haha totally useless