PDA

View Full Version : Daily drive good idea?

Gavin
13-04-2009, 09:36 PM
I do 5miles a day max 5 days a week going to train station and back plus about 40miles on weekend going various places so not a massive amount have asked various sources about this but does the beat tank cost around £16-19 to fill up and average around 200-250miles?

Only thing I would see me needing is a hard top but thats about it really your thoughts?

Mylee
13-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Why the hard top, security?

No car benefits from only a 5 mile run, things just don't warm up enough. :awwww:

Gavin
13-04-2009, 11:38 PM
yeah mainly a security issue mylee dont see it being a mega problem though. yeah i know things dont warm up enough but the wee thing should be better than my current car I hope

Steve_M
14-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Hopefully not to be doom and gloom, But !!
From my experiance, I would not have a Beat as my only form of transport, When things go Wrong/need repairing, parts supply can be rather long for some genuine items from Japan, so you can become with out the use for a while.

LawrenceHarding
14-04-2009, 02:12 PM
My wife's Beat was bought in August 2003. Since then she has used it to get to work 3 days per week (12 mile round trip) . She is also on an out of hours call rota which could add another 5 or 6 journeys per week. She also uses it for most other purposes unless the roads are icy. As far as I can remember it has been off road for 2 to 3 weeks awaiting parts on 4 occasions apart from servicing which our Honda dealer can do in a day. We have never bothered to check fuel consumption as it depends greatly on your level of enthusiasm. It has recently passed the 160,000km (100,000mile) mark and (touch wood) is still going strong.

Gavin
14-04-2009, 10:20 PM
good point steve but from the limited reading ive done its mostly ecu capicitors and the dizzy going ape on the bad batch but the other bits I think I could manage with always got the sistser puma or jens white on if she let me drive it!

lawrence sounds good that not really that bad since it gets used nearly day in day out, yeah mpg will vary i like the idea 20 will fill it all up:D