PDA

View Full Version : Radio Volume Problem... Does anyone know...

CWGT
03-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi

I think the radio cassette on our Beat has developed a problem. When turned on only the left hand round dial on the display moves with the music/sound, the other does not move at all. I'm pretty sure it used to but as we have only had the car for a few months we cant be too sure. As a consequence of this I think the maximum volume is lower.

Its the standard radio cassette (Gathers... I think) and we have the manual but my japanese is a little rusty....

If anyone knows what the problem is and if its possible to fix I'm more than willing to have a poke around.

Many thanks
Chris

Wh1teLeopard
04-04-2009, 09:51 AM
The only thing I can really add to this, is that mine was like that too. I always thought one was treble one was bass. I never had any problems with it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, I never really understood that thing hehe

Steve_M
04-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Could it be that the balance is over to one side??

Does sound come from speakers on both sides???

I have known Beat radio Amps to fail, and can confess to connecting L/H and R/H speaker wire together to make sound come out of both sides, even thou it was actually mono :awwww:

I have go radio manual translated into Engrish, so may be able to post it up here if I can convert to PDF, I will have a see if I can.

unclejemima
04-04-2009, 10:05 PM
I have go radio manual translated into Engrish, so may be able to post it up here if I can convert to PDF, I will have a see if I can.

that would be great for everyone!

CWGT
05-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi all

thanks for your replies. In answer to the comments, the 'balance' is equal ie I can adjust this to left or right and the sound moves accordingly. The bass and trable are in the neutral position ie I have tried reducing and increasing these and whilst they do change the characteristics of the sound as you would expect the pointer does not come to life. The sound is coming out of both sides/speakers equally.

Having the manual in English might throw some light on the controls so if its possible to get it that would be great.

Thanks
Chris

michael
05-04-2009, 07:02 PM
I have the same problems with my radio. I think the capasitors are too old. We will try to change them.
If someone has a wiring diagram from the radio it would be fine.

old'uns
06-04-2009, 03:13 PM
I have the same problems with my radio. I think the capasitors are too old. We will try to change them.
If someone has a wiring diagram from the radio it would be fine.

i'm fairly certain you won't get a wiring diagram for the circuit board, i contacted Clarion in the UK who tried Japan with no luck.