PDA

View Full Version : Timing belt parts...

unclejemima
05-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Sorry about bringing this up again, but I've ordered my parts from Japan for the timing belt change, and they will be here soon...but I think I may have forgot a few parts...Here is what I have on order...

Timing Belt
Tensioner Bearing #1 & #2
Camshaft oil seal
Crankshaft oil seal
Water pump (I know I don't need to, but I figure what the heck)
A/C and Alternator Belt
Complete new Distributor assembly (just to be safe)
Rocker cover gaskets

Someone just told me that I should also change my "tension pulley & Idler pulley". Is this the same thing as the Tensioner bearing #1 & 2, or something else? Is it recommended to do the tension pulley & Idler pulley as well while doing the timing belt?

Thanks!!!
-mark

unclejemima
06-03-2009, 04:58 PM
anyone? I'm not sure, and only want to do the timing belt once...

marcair
07-03-2009, 02:00 AM
Not knowing the maintenance history of my engine a few years back, I changed the timing belt - along with the front seal, tensioner and water pump. Only because this allowed zero-timing this part of the engine. Remember that the biggest deal is gaining access to the timing belt, so why not chg any consumable items in the area.

unclejemima
07-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Remember that the biggest deal is gaining access to the timing belt, so why not chg any consumable items in the area.

I agree:), but I am just unsure of what a tensioner pulley and Idler pulley is. Is it a consumable item? :confused:

I was told just to change these items...Timing Belt
Tensioner Bearing #1 & #2
Camshaft oil seal
Crankshaft oil seal
Water pump
A/C and Alternator Belt
Complete new Distributor assembly
Rocker cover gaskets

No body said anything about the tensioner pulley and Idler pulley to me when I ordered my parts, and I just came across this tensioner pulley and Idler pulley a few days ago.

Is this a consumable item?
Thanks,:D

rjhowle
07-03-2009, 11:14 PM
When I had my timing belt changed a couple of years back I didn't order the tension/idler pulleys, and when the mechanic was changing the belt I got the call - "tensioner puller is close to seizing, it needs replacing and we better do the idler one as well.." So I ended up having to replace them anyway, but with further delays waiting for parts.

So I would recommend you do them at the same time.

unclejemima
08-03-2009, 12:10 AM
When I had my timing belt changed a couple of years back I didn't order the tension/idler pulleys, and when the mechanic was changing the belt I got the call - "tensioner puller is close to seizing, it needs replacing and we better do the idler one as well.." So I ended up having to replace them anyway, but with further delays waiting for parts.

So I would recommend you do them at the same time.

Thanks!:D Does anyone have a part number?

I have ordered the tensioner bearing #1 & 2 already, what is that compared to the tension and idler pulley? Are they perhaps the same part? You say that the tensioner pulley is close was close to seizing...perhaps the bearings for the tensioner #1&2 refer to the same thing?

Any other parts that you guys (and gals) could think of that I don't have yet? Spring is soon here and I would like to only do this once!

Please post if you would do anything else,
Thanks,:D

bigB
08-03-2009, 01:42 AM
Maybe these will help? pic.2+3 are part #s

B.

marcair
08-03-2009, 03:19 AM
Dude, appears someone local with the maintenance manual on CD should offer you a copy. I have one but I bet there is someone closer. And yes, the bearing is part of the tensioner assy.

bigB
08-03-2009, 04:14 AM
I may be considered local, same country but 1800km away!

Part numbers,wiring diagrams, service info downloads :)

http://www.hondabeat.com.au/partsandservice/

I thought that you had these U/J ?

unclejemima
08-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks guys,
I'm sorry, I do have the part list (off http://www.hondabeat.com.au/partsandservice/ )
but I'm kind of lacking in the parts knowledge... in that I am not to sure what parts I need (i'm no mechanic ;) ) I'll have a look tonight, its just my mechanic said I only need to change the tensioner bearing #1 & #2, but said nothing about the complete pulley. Perhaps the bearing is the only wear item of the pulley???:confused:

Thanks all for your help,:)

unclejemima
08-03-2009, 08:21 PM
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn123/cornflakejoe/Beatie010.jpg

(i stole this picture off someone else, sorry ;) )

Am I correct in saying this is the tensioner #1 & #2 bearing? Can someone point out the Tensioner and Idler pulley's?

bigB
09-03-2009, 04:04 AM
So where did you find someone to order the parts for you? Just curious as i may need to order something someday. ;)
Thanks B.

beatc
09-03-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm not sure who you are using, but I'd assume Japanoid guys would be a good place to start.

They sell Keis and speak the language so I assume they can read these parts manuals better than us Canucks. ;)

unclejemima
10-03-2009, 02:41 AM
So where did you find someone to order the parts for you? Just curious as i may need to order something someday. ;)
Thanks B.

PM'ed you,

old'uns
10-03-2009, 03:55 PM
well my thursday cambelt change has been delayed until late next week.
idler & tensioner on back order,available early next week & the water pump is not available until May so i now need to decide if i wait. was thinking of putting my up-rated ECU in, looks like i may be playing safe now

beatc
10-03-2009, 05:07 PM
well my thursday cambelt change has been delayed until late next week.
idler & tensioner on back order,available early next week & the water pump is not available until May so i now need to decide if i wait. was thinking of putting my up-rated ECU in, looks like i may be playing safe now

Whats the up-rated ECU? Is it aftermarket?

The water-pump is that unique?

old'uns
10-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Whats the up-rated ECU? Is it aftermarket?

The water-pump is that unique?

ECU de-restricted

water pump presumably only fitted to E07A?

Steve_M
10-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Part number for Beat waterpump is 19200-P36-000.

So yes it is specific to beat/E07A engine.

old'uns
11-03-2009, 01:14 PM
cambelt change put off until pump arrives, picking up other parts next week.
i'm down for a rolling road on April 18th with tom'y. hmmmm?

beatc
11-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Heh, I rolled to work yesterdady when it was -20C. Car ran fine ... I was surprised, I doubt it's ever seen such temperatures. ;)