PDA

View Full Version : If you owned my beat...what would you do?

unclejemima
16-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Ok, pretend you are me. Finally got a honda beat, and have limited summer time to drive it. It takes weeks to order parts and such (from Japan) and then the parts still have to get installed.

If you owned my beat, what would YOU do? I want to order all the parts now, and have everything installed in the next month or so, and then enjoy a nice beat life:D

Here is what I have on my list...
-Timing belt replacement
-Water pump replacement
-Dizzy (distributor) replacement
-ECU capacitor upgrade
-Oil and filter changes.

The few things that I'm not sure about is if there is more to replacing the distributor to prevent the dizzy problem, or is there anything else needed?

I want to do the fuel filter as well, but my parts guy is quoting me about $100 just for the part???!!!

I'm unsure if I should change the tranny/diff fluid? The car only has 40,000km on it...

Any thing else I should do to avoid any problems???

Mylee
16-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Do you know the car's history? If it has been standing I would change the engine coolant and service the brakes as well. The A/C is most likely to be u/s as well.
Not sure why your changing the Dizzy? Have you found it to be one of the bad ones?

unclejemima
16-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Do you know the car's history? If it has been standing I would change the engine coolant and service the brakes as well.
Changing the coolant would be no different on the beat than it would be on a regular honda civic, right? (that the mechanic would know how without special instruction)

The A/C is most likely to be u/s as well.
Good to know. What sort of work is needed for the A/C?

Not sure why your changing the Dizzy? Have you found it to be one of the bad ones?
Not to sure, I'm going to check tonight, but I figure if i'm in there changing the belt and such, its cheap insurance to change the dizzy as well. Is it hard to get at?