PDA

View Full Version : Factory rear spoiler...

unclejemima
12-02-2009, 05:30 PM
From my observation in the last few months, it seems that about 80-90% of all beats came with the factory rear spoiler. I was so luck as to not get one on mine, and wondering if they ever appear for sale? I imagine they cost a pretty penny new from honda.
Wondering if my ratio of ever 9 out of 10 Beats has a factory rear spoiler is a correct observation.
Thanks!

Steve_M
12-02-2009, 06:51 PM
None of the early cars had it as factory option. It was Accessory.

Later Version C, F and Z got it as standard i do believe.

Funny I was looking into Honda Parts system the other week, Honda Parts in belgium have a silver spoiler in stock. Only problem is retail price is over £600!!!

unclejemima
12-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Only problem is retail price is over £600!!!

!!!:eek: Good 'ol OEM!:D

beardo
13-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Had a spoiler on the breaker but opted not to bother fitting it. I prefer without. Besides, we've got a shark fin. ;)

unclejemima
13-02-2009, 04:40 PM
If you guys ever see a used one for sale, please let me know via PM.
Thanks!

marge602
13-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Mine doesn't have the spoiler, and i love how neat the Beat's back end is. The way the rear wings and engine lid radius around to meet the rear lights and flat panel between is a great bit of design. I suspect if it did have the spoiler, it wouldn't look half as tidy. Now i think about it, the Beat is full of great design touches. I spend a fair amount of time just looking at mine. And even longer driving it.

Marge