PDA

View Full Version : Window motor troubles

KarlInAus
11-12-2008, 04:59 AM
My driver's side window has been a bit troublesome lately, it always goes up without a hitch, but is sometimes unwilling to go down. Not sure if it's a switch or motor problem. Sometimes the window winds down slowly, sometimes not at all. When it doesn't want to move down, I've found that winding the window up briefly, then flicking the switch quickly in the other direction seems to get it going. Anyway, if it is a motor problem - does anyone know if the motor is the same as any other Honda model, or is it unique to the Beat?

Steve_M
11-12-2008, 01:12 PM
The Motor is Beat specific.

The switches are the same as 1989 CRX (this is just the actual switch which goes in behind the switch surround)

KarlInAus
11-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks for that. Here's hoping it's the switch and not the motor. Actually I've removed the switch from the surround and sprayed some contact cleaner in there, after which it was working properly again. Still, as with any intermittent fault - only time will tell.

KarlInAus
18-12-2008, 11:56 AM
In would appear that cleaning the switch with contact cleaner spray has fixed the problem - hasn't played up for a week.

8EAT
18-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Any Beats in Perth going there next week...