PDA

View Full Version : Interior design

Rod
03-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Ok folks!
I have seen several Beats with replaced interiors which look really nice and match / compliment the exterior paint colour. I'm thinking of replacing my original tired light grey, blue grey and black and white with a red leatherette trimmed in black! My beat is yellow! My wife thinks I'm colour blind. What do you think? Appropriate feed back more than welcome to help me while the coming dark nights away.

Rod
04-10-2008, 06:15 PM
With the lack of response, I will endevour to keep it original. Although getting the correct materials from Japan to replenish the seat covers may prove difficult. The plastics are fading so I will use Em's methods to recover the internal panels with appropriate colour materials.
As I'm in the process of rebuilding the front suspension, thank you Steve for the part numbers, the body work will be under sealed and wax oiled to protect it from the rigours of the climate. Hopefully the body panels which have some stone chips and small dinks repaired and the bumpers matched. The only spares I may require would be head lamp clusters as mine have delaminated. My work mate in Japan Honda can get these for me. The wheels have started to obtain corrosion so these need refurbishing. All in all a little work needs carring out. That should take care of December, January and February. see you in the spring!

beardo
04-10-2008, 07:11 PM
My quest this winter is interior. We are going to replace the seats with black Cobra style headrestless seats and will be attempting to fit a new black carpet. I will also be retrimming the door cards etc. Never done anything like this before, I fear the carpet fitting the most. Ours is far from standard looking so why should the interior be any different?

Mylee
04-10-2008, 11:56 PM
I've loads of original zebra material if need be.

TADO
05-10-2008, 09:26 AM
"I've loads of original zebra material if need be."

i heard you were planning on new a frock with it tho? :p

sounds like we're all up to the same thing at the mo - my door cards are off at the moment while im recovering them and putting new speakers in. the dash will be out soon as well once i've built up the courage to attempt that.

.... the original zebra is great... just dont get carried away! :D

Rod
05-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Hi Tado, if you let me have details cost per meter etc via PM I'll get back to you.

Then all I'll need is the same in leather for the boots!

Thank you

Mylee
05-10-2008, 12:40 PM
i heard you were planning on new a frock with it tho? :p D

Frock? that's very 80's Mike :D Beat Baby grows are the way forward ;)

TADO
05-10-2008, 01:53 PM
hehe - awesome zebrababy!
rod - mylee's the one you need to pm about the fabric, sure he's got loads of it in his wardrobe tho! :p
i'd also like to point out that that isnt my beat (or rubberised lady-friend) in the pics by the way! :D
im going with black n grey to match me new seats n mats...

Rod
05-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Sure thing!
Your secret safe with me! nobody reads these threads Tado.
Send some pic's when you've done it'll be nice to see.
Thanks