PDA

View Full Version : Bring the Beat back!

marge602
01-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Hi folks.

I'm happy to say that the Beat i share with my sister, which is currently sat unloved on her drive cos she doesn't use it, will soon be on my driveway. It's been a bit of a challenge finding a competitive insurance quote to be able to run it cheaply enough, but i've managed to find one now and will be off to rescue the micro machine later on this month. Here's a big thanks to Adrian Flux for being so brilliant, and i just can't wait to hear one of the best exhaust notes in motoring again. The rescue is pencilled in for Saturday 18th, which is just six days before my 35th birthday. Should make for a fantastic present.

Will keep you posted.

Marge

Wh1teLeopard
01-10-2008, 09:39 PM
YAYS congratulations

8EAT
02-10-2008, 06:24 PM
How is your mods going em?

TADO
03-10-2008, 09:05 AM
congratulations marge! :D

marge602
04-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Thanks guys. I need for my sister to co-operate with me for it to happen, which she may not do. Will keep you posted anyway.

Marge

marge602
08-10-2008, 08:01 PM
It's looking good now. I need to get the MOT cert sent to me so i can get a tax disc to put on the car when i rescue it. Apparently it should arrive tomorrow, as should the insurance cover note. All i need then is the new keepers supplement off the log book(the green bit), a lift(which i've arranged) and a bit of luck. The Beat hasn't run since January, but since it's a Honda i'm not too worried. So it's a few days to go til i get it back. Getting quite excited now.

Marge

marcair
10-10-2008, 12:47 AM
For a deep exhaust note, search "Contemplating a new exhaust system??".

marge602
13-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Might do that at some point. I'm just looking forward to getting it back. The rescue was supposed to happen on the Saturday of last weekend, but elements conspired against me. My cover note didn't turn up so i couldn't get a tax disc. It dropped onto the mat this morning, so i'll get the tax at lunchtime and pick the Beat up tomorrow evening. Hope the alternator hasn't given out!

Marge