PDA

View Full Version : E07A engine variants???

nalobcram
05-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Hi, i'm still having no luck with the tighnerning torques for the main bearing & big end bearing, so i thought i'd see if the ACTY van engine would be the same....??? still drawing no luck, even thou the acty was offically released over here,the service manuals are impossible to find :( ...

i've been throu the jap beat service guide, but its just not detailed enough.... or am i missing something??? i'm in the 5-21 section??? is there another section to this exploded view??

thanks for any help:)

Steve_M
05-09-2008, 01:31 PM
There is a separate engine Shop Manual. I have it and home and can give you the specific information you need, but it will be over the weekend at some time thou.

HTH

Ps. Acty with E07A engine was not a UK model only JDM. previous Acty was UK but had 2 Cylinder engine.

Mylee
05-09-2008, 02:29 PM
There is a separate engine Shop Manual. I have it and home and can give you the specific information you need, but it will be over the weekend at some time thou.

HTH

Ps. Acty with E07A engine was not a UK model only JDM. previous Acty was UK but had 2 Cylinder engine.

A wealth of knowledge as usual :)

Rod
05-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Hi there, two sequences to tighten the bearing cap.
1st - Snug torque to 3.2kg-m in sequence.
2nd - final torque to 4.8kg-m in sequence.

If using original bolts be carefull as when the final torque is appiled the bolts stretch to perform bolt tension and maintain the crank oil clearance.

Hope this helps.:)

Steve_M
05-09-2008, 07:17 PM
32Nm for Bigend bolts

48Nm for mains. (tigntened in sequence)

nalobcram
06-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Many thanks Steve M & Rod.... hopefully it will be on the road again soon, unless it needs something else :awwww:

old'uns
06-09-2008, 10:30 AM

wow, blast from the past!
my dad had a TN360 air cooled T reg from new, then had an Acty van, 600cc twin cyl?
used to put bag of sand in pick-up to get grip in winter