PDA

View Full Version : Beat in Thailand

ozsamurai
09-07-2008, 07:41 AM
Since efforts to get MY Beat over here have come to a halt due to the corrupt port authorities here, I decided to do a nationwide hunt for that one that is rumored to be here in Thailand already.... you never know... well I found it, as far as I can tell its THE only Beat here in this country, and ugly as sin! Apart from the fact they were (its sold) asking $15,000 for it. It would take me that much again to get it back to half cool..

http://www.moodam.com/classify/car/view.php?id=234

whoever did this color paintjob should be shot, several times!!:explode:

but it is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel after 3yrs Beatless.

Cheers

Oz

TADO
09-07-2008, 08:52 AM
the colour might not be so bad if you put black wheels on.. or some white bits to break it up a bit............. hmm.... actually no. you're right. it is horrid. :suicide:
is there a way around the importing laws to get your car over?, how did that little gem find its way to thailand?

Wh1teLeopard
09-07-2008, 09:16 AM
I know someone who painted their Smart Roadster that colour and called it Smint.

I've seen a few of those colour now, does remind me of Smint a lot lol

If it runs it's a damn good start to a project.

Paint it matt black yourself for the time being so you can drive it at least, then work on it when you get the chance

ozsamurai
09-07-2008, 09:57 AM
yeah at least the candle has been ignited. The car has already sold though, to a foreigner aparently. Anyway the guy who posted it seems a nice chap and there may be a way to get one here, or get mine here by shall we say gray market. Keeping fingers crossed. This one I woul guess made it through before the serious corruption set in here, maybe many years ago, maybe other ot so ugly ones made it too.

Oz